BloodCenter of Wisconsin will be partnering with several Waukesha County organizations to host local blood drives. Upcoming drives include:
- Dousman. 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, July 9 at Emmanuel United Church of Christ, 36821 Sunset Dr.
- Brookfield. 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 14 at Brookfield Christian Reformed Church, 14135 W. Burleigh Rd.
- Pewaukee. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, July 16 in the hub at Waukesha County Technical College, 800 Main St. To make an appointment, call Amanda Cobb at (262) 325-9656 or visit www.bcw.edu/WCTCDentalHygiene.
- Mukwonago. 2 to 7 p.m. Monday, July 16 at St. John Evangelical Church, 410 Highway NN.
- Sussex. 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 21 at the Sussex Fire Department, N63W23523 Main St. Visit www.bcw.edu/SussexFD or call the Fire Department at (262) 246-5220 to make an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Genesee Depot. 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, July 23 at St. Paul Parish Catholic Church, S38 W31602 Wern Way (Hwy. D).
- Brookfield. 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 25 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 755 Woelfel Rd. To make an appointment, contact Eric Brukl at (262) 790-4454 or at email@example.com or visit www.bcw.edu/LDS.
- New Berlin. 7 to 11 a.m. Thursday, July 26 in the Common Council Chambers at the New Berlin City Hall, 3805 S. Casper Dr.
Unless otherwise indicated, appointments can be made by calling 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376) or (414) 937-6199 or by visiting www.bcw.edu. Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are also welcome.
Summertime blood need
Blood donation decreases during busy summer months as travel increases and the number of school and community drives decreases. Because of this, BloodCenter encourages donors to make the time this summer to donate. Hospitals, including Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, Waukesha Memorial Hospital and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Elmbrook Memorial, have come to rely on BloodCenter of Wisconsin for a steady supply of blood to treat their patients.
Anyone 17 or older who is in general good health and meets eligibility requirements is encouraged to donate blood. Parental consent is required for 16-year-olds to donate. The entire process takes about an hour. Donors should bring a photo ID that includes birth date.
About BloodCenter of Wisconsin
BloodCenter of Wisconsin is a private, not-for-profit organization that specializes in blood services, organ and tissue recovery, marrow donation and education, diagnostic testing, medical services and leading-edge research. BloodCenter of Wisconsin is the only provider of blood to hospitals in 29 Wisconsin counties including all community hospitals in Southeastern Wisconsin. BloodCenter of Wisconsin advances patient care by delivering life-saving solutions grounded in unparalleled medical and scientific expertise. For more information, visit www.bcw.edu.