The Waukesha Fourth of July fireworks show came to an early ending after small grass fires began sprouting up due to severe dry conditions.
Although the used the grounds where the fireworks were held for the ground still wasn’t wet enough to prevent fire. Some fires sprouted up across the street on the north end of the expo center near
- “Worst fireworks show ever…”
- “Well what do you expect? I mean it is quite dry out there. People complain about way too much.”
- ‘It IS dry out and I hope other idiots out there aren't shooting off fireworks in their backyards! However the expo center was "watered" because the fire dept did their pump training, and if that wasn't wet enough to prevent a fire...I can't imagine how bad the rest of the city is!’
- “Hey, we can now boast the best ground effects of any fire display in the county! #Waukeshafireworks Now that's a fire!”
- “Whoops. Maybe shouldn't have had fireworks considering our drought (small fires started).”