With temperatures forecast to hit 90 Monday for the second straight day, it would be nice to hit the local beach on a holiday day off from school and work.
No such luck, because Waukesha County's beaches don't open until Saturday.
The county's summer 2012 beach hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends, with lifeguards on duty daily. County Park entrance fees are $3 on weekdays and $5 on weekends and holidays.
Annual park entrance stickers cost $27 for county residents, $38 for non-county residents and $14 for senior citizens.
The six county beaches are:
- Fox Brook Park, 2925 N. Barker Road, Brookfield
- Menomonee Park, W220 N7884 Townline Road, Menomonee Falls
- Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Drive, Waukesha
- Muskego Park, S83W20370 Janesville Road, Muskego
- Mukwonago Park, County Highway LO, Mukwonago
- Naga-Waukee Park, 651 State Highway 83, Hartland
The county's web site lists these beach rules:
- Follow lifeguards' instructions.
- No food or drink permitted on sand beach.
- No beer, liquor, or wine permitted in beach area.
- No floatation devices, facemasks, or diving equipment permitted.
- No animals allowed.
- Proper swimming attire required - long pants not acceptable.
- An adult must supervise children 5 years old or younger.
- No running dives.