The last time the Blackshirts won four games in a season was 10 years ago, according to Waukesha Now. The football team hasn't made a playoff appearance since 1999.
In order to make the playoffs, teams in the Classic 8 Conference need to have four conference wins. The Waukesha South Blackshirts advanced to 2-0 in the conference and 4-0 overall with its 41-27 victory Friday night over Kettle Moraine High School.
The Blackshirts take on Catholic Memorial High School at 7 p.m. Friday at Carroll University. The Crusaders were shut out Friday in its game against Arrowhead, who scored two field goals and a touchdown to receive 12 points in the low-scoring matchup.
WISN 12 News is considering covering the Waukesha South vs. Catholic Memorial matchup for Operation Football. However, fans have to vote on the game of the week and the Classic 8 Conference matchup is in the lead as of Monday morning.
Other Classic 8 Conference scores:
- Mukwonago, 49; Waukesha North, 30
- Waukesha West, 51; Muskego 13
Friday's game schedule
- Waukesha South vs. Catholic Memorial at Carroll University, 7 p.m.
- Waukesha North at Waukesha West, 7 p.m.
- Muskego at Kettle Moraine, 7 p.m.
- Arrowhead at Mukwonago, 7 p.m.