One of the best receivers ever to wear a Packers uniform, Donald Driver, will be ending his 14-year football career as a Green Bay Packer.
Driver, a frequent Waukesha visitor, announced that his career has come to an end, with an official retirement ceremony slated for Feb. 6 in the Lambeau Field Atrium.
“I would never have expected it, being a seventh-round pick, and a lot of people telling you that you weren’t going to make the team,” Driver told packers.com a few short years ago.
Driver retires as one of the most beloved players in franchise history, according to the website. He's remembered for his infectious smile, his humble upbringing and his countless contributions to the community.
Here’s an unofficial list of the franchise records he holds:
- Most receptions (743)
- Most receiving yards (10,137)
- Most 1,000-yard seasons (seven, a record six of them consecutive from 2004-09)
- Most 50-catch seasons (nine, also a consecutive record from 2002-10)
- Most consecutive games with a reception (133)
- Most receptions at Lambeau Field (363)
- Most receiving yards at Lambeau Field (5,000)
Visits to Waukesha
Driver has visited Waukesha a number of times for autograph appearances, charity events and more. Check out coverage of some of his visits:
- Donald Driver Doesn’t Disappoint at Waukesha County Charity Event
- Donald Driver Honors Dedicated United Way of Waukesha County Donors
- Donald Driver Wows Kids With Dance Moves at Summit View
- Packers' Driver Entertains Fans While Signing at Waukesha Sportscards