Waukesha teachers and students were recently recognized for their achievements in the classroom by the Herb Kohl Foundation.
Five students and four teachers received scholarships for their excellence in the classroom.
“Education is the key to the future of Wisconsin and our nation. I am very proud of the accomplishments of these students and teachers, and look forward to the great contributions they will make in the future,” said retired U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl in a news release.
Students from Waukesha receiving the Excellence Scholarship:
- Jacob Stern, of Waukesha, Pewaukee High School
Students from Waukesha receiving the Initiative Scholarship:
- Lakeisha Allen, of Waukesha, Waukesha South High School
- Julie Else, of Waukesha, Catholic Memorial High School
- Ley Kler, of Waukesha, Waukesha Engineering Preparatory Academy
- Cheyenne Crawford, of Waukesha, Catholic Central High School in Burlington
Waukesha teachers receiving the Foundation Fellowship
- Jessica Bartmann, of Waukesha, Meadowbrook Elementary School
- Laurie Ellis, of Waukesha, Pius XI High School in Milwaukee
- Rose Lange, of Waukesha, Waukesha Catholic School System
- Jason Smith, of Mukwonago, Waukesha South High School