The Waukesha School District will begin its open enrollment on Feb. 4 and the application deadline is 4 p.m. April 30.
The following information was provided to Waukesha Patch via the Waukesha School District:
WAUKESHA In-District Transfer Requests/School Choice
If you are considering attending a school within the district that is not your neighborhood school, you must complete an In-District Transfer Request form which can be accessed online at: http://tinyurl.com/a22jbsl This form can be printed and completed manually or filled in electronically. After completion, please deliver the form to your home/ attendance area school by March 1, 2013.
NOTE: Families with students enrolling in kindergarten or coming from a private/parochial school should complete and submit enrollment paperwork to their home/attendance area school.
RESIDENT and NON-RESIDENT Open Enrollment
Wisconsin’s inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live. The open enrollment application period for the 2013-14 school year is from Feb. 4 through April 30. The application period closes at 4 p.m. on April 30, 2013. Late applications will not be accepted for any reason.
Parents may apply in one of two ways:
- Online (recommended) at http://dpi.wi.gov/sms/psctoc.html Although an on-line application is recommended, paper applications may be obtained from the Department of Public Instruction or any school district.
- Paper applications must be delivered to the nonresident school district. School District of Waukesha applications should be submitted attention to: Stephanie Peterson, Open Enrollment, 222 Maple Ave., Waukesha, WI 53186
Who needs to complete this process:
- Students currently attending a Waukesha school via Tuition Waiver for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Students who have changed residency to a non-Waukesha address between Sept. 1 and Feb. 4.
- Students planning to move into an address that is outside of the School District of Waukesha between Feb. 1 and Sept. 1, 2013; and wish to stay in the School District of Waukesha.
- Eighth-Grade Students under Open Enrollment (a special paper application will be mailed home in January).
Note: families that move unexpectedly after April 30th are able to complete a Tuition Waiver form for the following year
If you have any additional questions regarding Open Enrollment, Tuition Waiver, or School Choice, please contact Stephanie Peter- son, Enrollment Coordinator, at 262-970-1105 or via email at email@example.com.