With the end of the school year, a number of staff are changing positions or leaving the district.
The Waukesha School Board approved the following administrative positions Wednesday night:
- Principal Ryan Krohn was approved as assistant superintendent of curriculum, instruction and educational accountability, replacing Dana Monogue who is leaving the district for a position with Elmbrook Schools.
- Deirdre Garcia was named director of bilingual education and world language, a new position within the school district. Garcia is new to the district, coming from Milwaukee Public Schools.
- Sharon Thiede, an assistant principal at , was named director of student services.
- Timothy Joynt, assistant principal at , was approved as principal at South, replacing Mike Nowak who will be taking a position in Franklin.
- Jason Sadowski , currently a coach in the district and assistant principal at West Allis Central High School, will replace Tony DeRosa as principal of .
The school board also approved the following resignations and new appointments.
Resignations were accepted for:
- Sarah Ottow, gifted and talented coordinator;
- Todd Hencsik, assistant principal at West High School, (pending contract approval at with another district);
- Jessica Novitzke, physical educaiton teacher at West;
- Maria Miller, elementary teacher at Bethesda Elementary;
- Rhonda Augustiniak, art teacher at Hawthorne Elementary;
- Kristin Canfield, 7th grade reading and writing teacher at Central Middle School;
- Lisa Hughes, 5th grade teacher at Hadfield Elementary;
- Kim Crosby, math teacher at STEM Saratoga;
- Ana Bell, bilingual coordinator; and
- Rachel Clark-Sindler, music teacher at STEM Saratoga;
New contracts or contract modifications were approved for 15 teachers and one school psychologist.