A woman who wanted to take her dog for a walk instead made a fool of herself after drunkenly lashing out at officers, calling them “stupid” and “rookies” when the responded to an emergency call.
Dispatchers got the phone call at 12:27 a.m. Monday in the 1000 block of Caroline Street and hear a man and a woman yelling. The woman sounded intoxicated and was yelling about taking her dog for a walk.
When officers arrived, she was unwilling to tell them why she called 911. Instead, she was highly emotion – first sad and then angry – when police tried to speak with her. She eventually called them names.
Men inside the home told officers the woman had wanted to take a dog for a walk, but they refused to let her for her own safety because of the dog’s energy and her intoxication levels. The woman was warned by police.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- An arrest was made after a domestic disturbance was reported at 6:21 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of Hinman Avenue.
- A BB hole was found in a window in a home in the 500 block of West College Avenue at 6:56 p.m. Friday.
- A person was arrested after being reported in a delirious state and throwing punches at 12:12 a.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Kensington Drive. The person was also tasered.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving at 1:45 a.m. Saturday during a traffic stop at Corrina Boulevard and North Barstow Street.
- A woman was taken into custody at 11:29 a.m. Saturday after refusing to stop for police in the 2100 block of Delafield Street. Police reported she appeared to confused and had a child in the car.
- A man was taken into custody after it was reported he was being aggressive at Waukesha Memoraial Hospital at 11:40 a.m. Saturday.
- A cell phone was stolen from a car at 11:41 a.m. Saturday in the 1800 block of Davis Lane.
- The theft of baseball equipment was reported at 6:53 p.m. Saturday in the 2200 block of Madison Street.
- Juveniles were reportedly swerving up and down the block and speeding at 9:55 p.m. Saturday at Dixie Drive and Burr Oak Boulevard.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 12:05 a.m. Sunday at Wilmont Drive and South East Avenue.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 2:35 a.m. Sunday at West Moreland Boulevard and Airport Road.
- An arrest was made after an intoxicated man was reportedly causing problems in the 300 block of Sentinel Drive at 3:07 a.m. Sunday.
- An arrest was made after a domestic disturbance was reported at 5:12 a.m. Sunday in the 1800 block of South West Avenue.
- A person was arrested on a probation violation after a possible domestic disturbance was reported at 6:50 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Wisconsin Avenue.
- The theft of tires and rims from two Escalades was reported at 10:28 a.m. Sunday in the 2100 block of East Moreland Boulevard.
- A 5-year-old boy was reportedly struck by a vehicle and brought to Frame Park at 5:07 p.m. Sunday. Officers responded to Waukesha Memorial Hospital where the boy had been transported for the accident report.
- A man was passed out in a vehicle at 7:03 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Fleetfoot Drive.
- A 10-year-old girl was reportedly angry that she was not allowed to spend the night at a boy’s house at 9:29 p.m. Sunday and was throwing rocks at her mother. The situation was mediated by police and the girl stayed the night with her aunt.
- A homeless man was reportedly sleeping on a porch at 9:28 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Wisconsin Avenue.
- A domestic disturbance was reported at 9:42 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Kimberly Drive. Police had the male suspect at gunpoint for a moment, and then the suspect slammed the door shut and appeared to have left the residence by jumping out the window and running away from the apartment building.
- A person was arrested for disorderly conduct after being found sleeping in a car at 2:17 a.m. Monday in the 200 block of South Street.