A 9-year-old girl walking passed Buchner Park was approached by a man who asked her to come talk to him around 7:30 p.m. Thursday. The girl told Waukesha police he had a shiny object in his right hand, but she did not know what the object was because she ran back home right away. The girl couldn’t see the man’s face because he had a hood up, but told officers he was around 30 years old, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds and was wearing a long black trench coat and black boots.
Waukesha police told the girl she did the right thing and advised her to have a friend or a parent walk with her in the future. The man was gone upon police arrival and the man did not physically touch the girl.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- A student was reportedly taking videos of girls in his class at Waukesha West High School at 1:14 p.m. Thursday. An incident report was filed.
- The Clark Gas Station, 304 N. Grand Ave., was selling legal “tobacco-related” paraphernalia. Police made contact after a caller reported drug paraphernalia at the store at 6:45 p.m. Thursday. Police warned the gas station that the products would not attract “good” customers as the paraphernalia was typically used for substances other than tobacco.
- A citation was issued after an altercation between two students was reported at 8:39 a.m. Friday at Waukesha North High School.
- A man was arrested after it was reported he was being disorderly and swearing at Waukesha Metro Transit staff in the 200 block of East St. Paul Avenue at 10:37 a.m. Friday.
- A person was arrested on a warrant after it was reported at 11:21 a.m. Friday that a man was about to “go off” in the 300 block of East North Street.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving at 1:17 a.m. Saturday in the 400 block of West Sunset Drive.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving at 1:32 a.m. Saturday in the 1900 block of East North Street.
- A theft of an American flag was reported at 10:18 a.m. Saturday in the 2500 block of Pendleton Place.
- A man in the 200 block of West North Street reported that he thought his cat had been stolen by a neighbor. The cat was located at 6:27 p.m. Saturday.
- An arrest was made after a domestic disturbance was reported at 9:17 p.m. Saturday in the 2900 block of Madison Street.
- An intoxicated man looking for his keys at 9:52 p.m. Saturday was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in the 900 block of West St. Paul Avenue. The gas station clerk had the man’s keys in order to detain the man until police arrived.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving at 1:06 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of Elizabeth Street.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving at 2:28 a.m. Sunday in the 200 block of East St. Paul Avenue.
- Sunglasses and an iPod were stolen at 12:38 p.m. Sunday in the 1800 block of South West Avenue.
- An arrest was made after a woman reportedly cut her son with a piece of glass, threatened him with a knife and pointed a BB gun at him at 4:07 p.m. Sunday in the 1900 block of Bonnie Lane.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving at 2:06 a.m. Monday at Center Road and Wesley Drive.