Teenagers filming a video for school received a large police response after a watchful neighbor reported seeing one of the teens pointing a gun at another person at 5:09 p.m. Tuesday in the 2900 block of River Valley Road.
Police learned when they arrived that the teens were filming an action scene. They were advised to film in a remote area so as to not cause the public to fear.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- A 12-year-old girl walking near South West and College avenues was approached by people in a car asking her if she wanted candy at 3:57 p.m. Monday. After she told them no, they responded “are you sure, because we have a lot of candy.”
- A man reported that he thought he was burglarized because a pair of dress pants and a sweater were missing in the 2700 block of North University Drive on Monday. The man has a condition that causes forgetfulness, and there really was not a burglary.
- A man was arrested on a warrant at 4:31 p.m. Wednesday after an anonymous caller reported the man was in the 1000 block of West Moreland Boulevard.
- A man in the 200 block of North Street reported that two bullets were found in house but the bullets later vanished. The man then found two bullets on the ground. The man reported he believed his ex-girlfriend was responsible.
- A man reported that his wallet was stolen at 5:07 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of Madison Street. However, when police responded, they learned the man had his wallet in his pants pocket before it went “missing.” The man was informed that his missing wallet was not a police matter.
- A man looking for closure after a break up was warned to stop calling his ex-girlfriend’s social worker at 8:23 a.m. Tuesday. The man had been calling the social worker eight times a day.
- A man in the 1100 block of White Rock Avenue was reported that his ex-girlfriend threatened his new girlfriend while at church at 11:44 a.m. Tuesday.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 9:23 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of West Moreland Boulevard.
- A man reportedly threatened his child’s mother with a gun at 9:56 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of Hinman Avenue.
- A man was arrested after panhandling and scaring customers in a store in the 100 block of East St. Paul Avenue at 10:52 a.m. Tuesday.
- A woman reported her decorative picket fence was stolen from her yard and placed in her neighbor’s yard Tuesday in the 400 block of Gascoigne Drive. Police made contact at the home and a person at the home thought his roommate had stolen the fence while he was drunk. The fence was returned and no complaint was filed.
- A woman in the 1800 block of Kensington Drive reported at 4:44 p.m. Tuesday that $9 was stolen from her purse.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 7:43 p.m. Tuesday at West Moreland Boulevard and Gascoigne Drive.
- Two people reported Tuesday in the 1300 block of South East Avenue that their packages were stolen. The person who signed for the package used the name “Shrek.”
- A person was arrested on a warrant at 9:04 p.m. Tuesday at Dodie Drive and Susan Circle.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 1:41 a.m. Wednesday at Madison Street and St. Paul Avenue.