The following information was supplied by the Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
A Waukesha woman had a fishy situation on Monday.
The woman, who lives in the 300 block of West College Avenue, contacted police at 7:26 p.m. Monday to report that someone had “dumped a huge pile of dead fish in her garden,” according to the police department’s call log.
It wasn’t the only suspicious activity at the woman’s house, though. She told dispatchers her tulips were stolen a few days ago.
Police checked out the area and found several small fish that were dumped in the flower bed. The fish appeared to be leftover bait that was dumped in the garden.
Police re-assured the woman and told her to contact police if more suspicious activities occur at her house.
Very Expensive Bar Tab
A typically night out drinking can be pricey. But for one area man, his bar tab reached nearly $25,000 for a few drinks. It also kept him from putting fast food on his debit card on Monday.
A man reported at 12:47 p.m. Monday that Club Velvet, 409 Delafield St., charged $24,695.60 as a tip for two rounds of drinks to his debit card. The bar owner was working with the bank to correct the problem as the bank was going to charge him a $100 service fee.
The man discovered the problem when his card was declined at an area McDonald’s.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- A stereo faceplate and coins were stolen from a vehicle parked overnight in the 1600 block of Mohawk Lane. The incident was reported at 7:05 a.m. Monday.
- A 12-year-old girl was struck by a vehicle while she was crossing the street at 7:22 a.m. Monday in the 100 block of Walton Avenue.
- A gun and a diamond ring were reportedly stolen during a burglary at 7:24 a.m. Monday in the 1100 block of Downing Drive. The caller reported his keys were stolen from his vehicle about a month earlier.
- A man was reportedly defecating near a park shelter at 7:30 a.m. Monday in Frame Park.
- A theft of catalytic converters was reported at 8:11a.m. Monday in the 200 block of Travis Lane.
- A person was arrested and a drug recognition expert was called in to assist with the investigation after a reckless vehicle was reported at 9:13 a.m. Monday in the 400 block of West Moreland Boulevard.
- A theft of a catalytic converter was reported at 9:35 a.m. Monday in the 1700 block of Paramount Drive.
- A semi-truck hit a fire hydrant at 10:37 a.m. Monday in the 1800 block of Airport Road.
- A theft of a tail light from a vehicle was reported at 10:41 a.m. Monday in the 1100 block of Fleetfoot Drive.
- A man with a .22 percent blood alcohol concentration was taken into custody on a no-drink probation violation at 3:03 p.m. Monday in the 1900 block of Kensington Drive. It previously had been reported that the man may be suicidal, but officers determined the man was not suicidal.
- A set of wheels was stolen from a vehicle parked at 5:58 p.m. Monday in the 1900 block of East Main Street.
- A person was detained on warrant at 6:47 p.m. Monday in the 2000 block of Dixie Drive.
- A poll from an abandoned telegraph line in the 2000 block of South Prairie Avenue was damaged by a chainsaw and the copper wiring was removed from the poll. The incident was reported at 8:03 p.m. Monday.
- A theft of an iPod was reported at 8:07 p.m. Monday in the 300 block of West Wabash Avenue.
- A woman was warned about misuse of 911 after she called police at 8:32 p.m. Monday rambling about wanting her key back from the maintenance man of her apartment building in the 1500 block of Big Bend Road. The woman also said she did not have any weapons and that she is not a dangerous person. She also rambled about doctors, babies and hip bones.
- A person was arrested on a warrant at 8:56 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of North West Barstow Street.
- A maintenance worker at the Waukesha Public Library found in the family bathroom a spoon that was used for cooking drugs at 9:06 p.m. Monday.
- A man was reported at 9:42 p.m. Monday after it was reported he was violating a restraining order in the 100 block of West Wabash Avenue.
- A woman reported that her boyfriend “broke into the bathroom” while she was bathing at 1:21 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Perkins Avenue. They had been arguing over a child’s bedtime, but there was no criteria for a domestic abuse-related arrest. The man left the apartment for the night.