The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
High-Speed Motorcycle Chase…in December
A high-speed chase involving a motorcycle is a rarity in December, but one happened in Waukesha early Saturday morning.
The Waukesha Police Department arrested a man who was driving recklessly near Delafield Street and Summit Avenue at 2:14 a.m. Saturday. Officers attempted to pull over the motorcycle, which was traveling at 70 miles per hour. Police chased the motorcycle for 1.5 miles before terminating pursuit. Police still followed from distance.
The driver stopped in the 1100 block of Wilshire Place and attempted to flee on foot. The driver was tasered before being taken into custody. Police noted that the driver was uncooperative and was taken to the Waukesha County Jail after his arrest.
Man Passes Out With Needle Near Him
A woman had an unwelcome visitor at 7:45 p.m. Saturday and she wanted him gone.
The woman told police she found her ex-boyfriend passed out in her yard, with a needle next to him in the 100 block of Randall Street. The woman told dispatchers the 34-year-old man is a heroin user, but he didn’t need an ambulance.
However, the man was arrested and taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for a medical clearance.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls.
- A person was cited for a tobacco violation at Waukesha North High School at 1:36 p.m. Friday.
- A person was taken into custody on an alcohol detention at 3:30 p.m. Friday after it was reported a person was laying near the cannon in Cutler Park.
- A 15-year-old girl was cited for a curfew violation and for underage drinking at 1:32 a.m. Saturday in the 1700 block of Rempe Drive.
- A man known as “birdman” was shouting obscenities at 1:37 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Main Street. The man was gone upon police arrival.
- A wooden reindeer and two well pumps were placed on a yard overnight. The incident was reported at 9:33 a.m. Saturday in the 3500 block of Rivers Crossing Drive.
- A man reported at 1:58 p.m. Saturday that his room was burglarized in the 400 block of West Main Street and that someone ate his chicken. Police reviewed security footage and saw no one enter the room. Police noted the man may have possible mental issues.
- A Christmas snow globe decoration as damaged at 3:33 p.m. Saturday in the 1600 block of Michael Drive.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving after a car accident was reported at 8:57 p.m. Saturday at Arcadian and North East avenues.
- Christmas decorations were reportedly damaged at 11:37 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of Milwaukee Avenue.
- Christmas decorations were reportedly damaged at 11:45 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Madison Street.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 1:13 a.m. Sunday.
- A computer was stolen during a burglary to an unlocked apartment at 2:03 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of North West Avenue.
- Four people were arrested after a woman reported that she was battered and possible broke her leg at 3:39 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of West Main Street.