Apparently walking around in your underwear is a normal occurrence on the third floor of a Waukesha apartment building.
Waukesha police were called to the 1800 block of Shepherd Court at 7:42 p.m. Monday after receiving a report that a man wearing only green underwear appeared to be intoxicated and angry. The man looked like he wanted to fight someone, but he wasn’t saying anything, according to the caller.
But when police arrived, the man and his car were gone. A neighbor told police the behavior is normal and that most of the third floor walks around in underwear because it is “kind of an open door policy up there.”
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- An arrest was made while police and fire officials responded to a car fire at 6:32 p.m. Monday in the 2400 block of Pewaukee Road.
- A man who was acting odd at the Waukesha Public Library at 7:37 p.m. Monday received a police walk-by after staff reported he had a strange bracelet on his arm, indicating he could be from an institution. Police determined the man was wearing a jail bracelet and was reading a book. No report was filed.
- A juvenile was taken into custody and turned over to his parents after a caller reported suspicious juveniles in the 1500 block of East Racine Avenue at 2:39 a.m. Tuesday.
- A man, who was upset over a traffic ticket he received months ago, was warned at 4:38 a.m. Tuesday after he continiously was contacting dispactchers to tell them his driving plan and when he should be pulled over.
- Cash, change and gift cards were stolen from an unlocked vehicle at 9:29 a.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of Stonebrook Drive.
- A theft of a FedEx package that contained a tablet was reported at 9:41 a.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of Buena Vista Avenue.
- A woman called Waukesha police at 9:59 a.m. Tuesday to ask if she would be responsible if she killed someone because her prescription medication made her unable to control her body. Waukesha police met with the woman in the 400 block of North Barstow Street and determined there was no criteria for a mental commitment.
- A man was arrested after it was reporting he was banging on a window at 11:49 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of North Barstow Street.
- Juveniles fighting over a hat at 11:58 a.m. Wednesday were warned about their fighting at Hinman Avenue and Jackson Court.
- A person was arrested after stealing about $300 from her employer at 2:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 1200 block of West Sunset Drive.
- A juvenile who was skateboarding in the street at Maple Avenue and West Main Street was cited at 2:32 p.m. Wednesday after not complying with police orders.
- A theft of a FedEx package was reported at 3:41 p.m. Wednesday in the 3100 block of Fox Ridge Drive.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 1:44 a.m. Thursday at Oakdale and West Sunset drives.