The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
An unfortunate miscommunication and a hysterical 13-year-old girl left a Waukesha mother thinking her 10-year-old daughter was dead.
The mother called police at 7:47 p.m. Thursday to the 2400 block of Fox River Parkway after her daughter called stating that her other daughter was found deceased. When police responded to the residence, they found a 13-year-old girl who was hysterical about the death of their cat, who had a similar-sounding name as the younger sister. When the girl called her mother, the names were miscommunicated.
Despite a Starbucks employee's best efforts to help police catch a thief, an unknown woman still walked away with about $5 when she stole a tip jar at 4:39 p.m. Thursday.
Starbucks employees reported another employee followed the woman to nearby Subway. She continued to walk past the Speedway gas station but was not located. The suspect was described as a white woman in her mid-20s with brown hair and a gray knit hat, carrying a purse with a longer handle, and also wearing a gray winter jacket and dark pants.
Fighting with police
Two people were arrested after screaming was reported at 3:54 a.m. Sunday in the 1900 block of Cliff-alex Court South. A caller reported the man was bending over the woman, who was lying down in the street. However, when police responded, they both ran from the scene.
The caller reported the woman started fighting with officers while the man ran to the other side of the house. Police found the man, who was reportedly uncooperative with police.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- A woman reported at 11:13 a.m. Thursday that she went to have her taxes done and they were already completed by someone using her Social Security number.
- A juvenile trouble incident was reported at 12:30 p.m. Thursday at Waukesha South High School.
- A window in the 600 block of East Roberta was broken at 2:57 p.m. Thursday. A piece of concrete from the road was found about four feet away from the window.
- CDs were found discarded in a yard in the 600 block of East Roberta Avenue. The incident was reported at 4:45 p.m. Thursday.
- A man reported to police at 9:15 p.m. Thursday that he was being sexually assaulted by another man who was trying to take off his clothes in the 100 block of South Street. Police responded and learned the caller had been removed from a residence for not paying temporary rent.
- A person was arrested at 9:28 p.m. Thursday after police spotted a vehicle – with visible drug paraphernalia in it parked – in the 900 block of Tesch Court. Police had been originally called to the area for a burglary alarm.
- A person was cited for loud noise at 9:32 p.m. Thursday in the 300 block of South Street.
- A person was arrested on a warrant during a traffic stop at 9:37 p.m. Thursday at South Prairie Avenue and West Sunset Drive.
- People were cited for loud noise at 12:17 a.m. Friday in the 200 block of North West Barstow Street.
- A man was warned after it was reported he was trying to sell leather jackets from a bag at 12:40 a.m. Friday in the 200 block of East Main Street.
- Three juveniles were reportedly banging shovels on the ground before running away from the area in the 2300 block of Ramshead Court South. Police responded to the area and found a few garbage cans in the road at 12:44 a.m. Friday.
- A man was arrested in the 600 block of East North Street after he reported at 10:02 a.m. Friday that he wanted his probation revoked because he was unable to follow the rules because he did not have a phone and was homeless.
- A man was arrested at Walmart after refusing to pay an $80 cab fare at 1:57 p.m. Friday.
- A temporary restraining order violation was reported at 3:37 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of East St. Paul Avenue.
- A person was arrested for trespassing at 5:01 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of North East Avenue.
- A person was arrested during a traffic stop at 9:43 p.m. Friday at North West Avenue and Elizabeth Street.
- An arrest was made at 10 p.m. Friday after multiple 911 hang-ups and a domestic disturbance was reported in the 300 block of West North Street.
- A vehicle parked at Skateland, 1931 E. Main St., had its window smashed and a purse was reported stolen at 10:49 p.m. Friday. Another person reported having a window broken on a vehicle with items missing at 10:11 p.m. Friday.
- A man was arrested after it was reported a man was punching a woman at 12:03 a.m. Saturday in the 400 block of South West Avenue.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 12:58 a.m. Saturday.
- A person was taken into custody on a warrant at 9:57 a.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Macarthur Road.
- An 82-year-old woman was hit by a car at 11:31 a.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Silvernail Road.
- A person was cited for loud noise at 1:59 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of South Street.
- A person reported at 7:32 p.m. Saturday having a vehicle’s window smashed in the 300 block of Harrison Avenue. The person reported it was the third time the vehicle’s window was smashed.
- A man was arrested at 7:58 p.m. Saturday after being spotted urinating on the sidewalk near City Hall.
- An arrest was made after a domestic disturbance was reported at 11 p.m. Saturday at Chapman and Sunset drives.
- Two people were arrested after a fight was reported at 12:18 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Riverfront Plaza.
- An arrest was made after it was reported people were causing problems in a bar at 1:02 a.m. Sunday in the 1700 block of South West Avenue.
- A person was arrested after it was reported an extremely intoxicated man was trying to drive in the 900 block of Northview Road at 1:58 a.m. Sunday. The incident also involved a man urinating on a vehicle in the parking lot.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 2:20 a.m. Sunday at Genesee and East Main streets.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving after crashing a vehicle into a pole at 2:21 a.m. Sunday at North Grandview Boulevard and Summit Avenue.
- A woman was arrested after a domestic disturbance was reported at 2:52 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of East Laflin Avenue.