It’s not easy to threaten a person by impersonating a police officer when your target happens to live near the police department.
A man reported at 3:04 p.m. Friday in the 1200 block of Magnolia Drive, which is near the Waukesha Police Department, that he was going to be arrested in an hour for a fraud investigation by the Waukesha Police Department if he did not follow her orders.
The man asked the woman what the police department’s phone number was and she answered correctly. However, when she gave him the wrong address for the police department, he said he would walk over and speak to her supervisor. The woman told him at that point that she wouldn’t be able to meet with him.
The man did not give the woman any personal information.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- A mailbox was pulled out of the ground and thrown into the street at 7:06 a.m. Friday in the 1800 block of Oakdale Drive.
- A man was arrested for bail jumping after he checked into a counseling service in the 400 block of West Moreland Boulevard with a .053 percent blood alcohol concentration at 8:36 a.m. Friday.
- A disabled man was reportedly having troubles with his neighbors because he would borrow items from neighbors and then agree to pay at a much higher cost at 11:56 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of North West Avenue. The man had previously been hit by people trying to collect and police had already taken a police report about a battery complaint. Police advised him to stop borrowing items from his neighbors, especially at a higher cost.
- A caller in the 200 block of Joellen Drive believed she chased off a would-be burglar at 2:22 p.m. Friday. The woman heard the burglar removing a back window and she scared him away. Waukesha police searched the area but the suspect was not found.
- Children at a park reportedly were scolded by a garbage man for putting wood chips into the street near Grandview Park at 3:06 p.m. Friday.
- Police received a report of a suicidal person in the 2000 block of Dixie Drive at 4:30 p.m. Friday but the person did not actually have plans for suicide.
- A man was arrested after he threw a can at his sister, hitting her in the eye, at 4:41 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of White Rock Avenue.
- Two juveniles in a disagreement over who would clean up after a rummage sale were reportedly throwing things at each other while one person had a broom at 5:12 p.m. Friday in the 2300 block of Thursh Court. One of the juveniles had left the home but police found her and returned her to the residence.
- A man reportedly had his legs sticking from underneath a vehicle into an alley while working on the vehicle at 6:11 p.m. Friday at Oakdale Drive and Wisteria Lane. The man said he wouldn’t leave his legs lay outside the truck.
- A woman reportedly left a toddler in the car at 6:14 p.m. Friday while shopping in the 400 block of West Sunset Drive. The woman was gone upon police arrival.
- A car pulled in front of a motorcycle and the motorcycle fell down at 6:16 p.m. Friday in the 1300 block of Arcadian Avenue.
- A man on a bike asked a person for money to get to Illinois at 6:37 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of Oakland Avenue. The bicyclist went around the block and then asked a neighbor for money to go to Pewaukee.
- Prescription pills were stolen from a vehicle at 8:40 p.m. Friday in the 2000 block of Woodburn Road.
- A person was taken into custody on a warrant at 9:44 p.m. Friday in the 1400 block of Oakdale Drive.
- A woman who was about to give birth at 10:49 p.m. Friday at Waukesha Memorial Hospital called police to say the hospital wouldn’t let her leave. While social workers and hospital staff were speaking with police determine if there was a mental commitment involved, the woman gave birth with no problems.
- People were warned after they were play-fighting at 1:08 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of Friedman Drive.
- A person was arrested after a domestic disturbance was reported at 1:36 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of North Grand Avenue.
- A combative man who was found passed out in a yard in the 1100 bock of Lombardi man was taken into custody at 5:25 a.m. Saturday.
- A person reported that someone entered an apartment in the 400 block of Jackson Court and turned on the gas burners to blow up the building at 11:24 a.m. Saturday. The caller turned off the burners.
- A man who was upsetting his neighbors by draining his pool in the 2000 block of South Grand Avenue reportedly told his neighbors he was going to get his gun at 2:29 p.m. Saturday. Police mediated that situation.
- A man was transported to the hospital after he was found battered near a tent at 4:19 p.m. Saturday near the bike trail in the 800 block of Sentry Drive. A person was taken into custody.
- An arrest was made after a domestic disturbance was reported at the Country Springs Hotel at 6:31 p.m. Saturday.
- People were play-fighting at 7:39 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of Spring Street. A caller reported, however, that two people were fist fighting while a small card was watching.
- A man wanted police to meet with him after gas pumps at a “public station” were not working at 8:36 p.m. Saturday in the 1800 block of South West Avenue.
- A person was warned after a loud party involving 100 people was reported at 10:11 p.m. Saturday in the 2600 block of River Ridge Drive. Several people ran into the woods when police pulled up and the party host told police he would not allow them to come back to the party.
- A possible intoxicated driver was arrested at 1 a.m. Sunday at West St. Paul Avenue and South Grandview Boulevard.
- An arrest was made after a woman was punching holes in the wall and broke a door at 1:17 a.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of Lambeth Road.
- An intoxicated 21-year-old woman who fell and hit her head outside a bar in the 900 block of Friedman Drive at 1:48 a.m. Sunday was arrested after she became combative with police.
- A woman was taken into custody and to Waukesha Memorial Hospital after she was holding a desk lamp at Walmart and yelling that someone abducted her husband at 2:06 a.m. Sunday.
- A person was arrested for disorderly conduct and released after the person was found peeing in the parking lot at 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Friedman Drive.
- An intoxicated man was arrested after he was walking around a yard in the 1200 block of Ellis Street at 3:57 a.m. Sunday and later ran from police. The man had been dropped off by a taxi after he told the driver he needed to use the bathroom in the area.
- A woman in the 1000 block of Delafield Street told police she suspects her neighbor was Jewish and using heat treatments that hurt bones and body at 7:12 a.m. Sunday. The woman appeared to have some mental issues, but she only wanted police to be aware of her suspicions.
- An elderly man was reportedly driving on the wrong side of the road at 7:41 p.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of East Moreland Boulevard.
- A person was arrested after a sexual assault was reported at 8:13 p.m. Sunday in the 200 block of North Moreland Boulevard.
- Sixteen people playing Frisbee on the Waukesha North High School were warned about trespassing after police received a loud noise complaint at 10:03 p.m. Sunday.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving after it was reported the person was driving recklessly at 11:45 p.m. Sunday at West Moreland and East North Street.