The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Fastest Way to Lose a Facebook Friend?
It seems some people will be "friends" with anyone on Facebook.
For one Waukesha woman, the chance to be friends with a guy she didn't know brought her troubles in her dating relationship.
The woman reported she met a man on Facebook and invited him to visit her apartment, which mad her boyfriend mad. The man continued to text and call and began threatening the woman and her boyfriend, she told police at 10:06 a.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of Kensington Drive.
Flushed Out: City Garage Employee Harassed by Angry Man
A city garage employee got a not-so-nice reaction from a community member when the employee was flushing roads and sewers in the 800 block of Corporate Court.
The employee told police a man was yelling at him, throwing snow at a snow plow and kicked a dog the man was with.
Police made contact with the man, who denied throwing snow at the plow. He said “why they were (expletive) off!” and that he is “pissed” that he sees Department of Public Works employees “sloughing off” all the time.
The city garage employee was gone from the area and no complaint was filed against the man.
Bank Robbery, High-Risk Traffic Stop
After a robber threatened to blow up at 1:27 p.m. Wednesday, police thought they had a
possible suspect driving near Ellis Street and Greenfield Avenue.
Due to the nature of the threat at the bank and an uncooperative driver, the Waukesha Police Department conducted a high-risk traffic stop on the vehicle to order the driver out. The driver was not connected to the robbery but was uncooperative because of a language barrier.
Meanwhile, Milwaukee County bomb squad checked the bank and nearby cars for explosives. Police were looking for a suspect as of Wednesday afternoon.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- A purse was stolen from the Speedway gas station, 400 Summit Ave., at 11:02 a.m. Tuesday.
- An arrest was made after an employee in the 3200 block of Fiddlers Creek Drive was accused of stealing medication at 11:33 a.m. Wednesday.
- A caller reported her stepdaughter stole $300 to $500 in change at 4 p.m. Wednesday in the 1800 block of Shepherd Court.
- A theft was reported at 4:27 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of Bluemound Road.
- A theft was reported at 5:02 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of East Moreland Boulevard.
- A person was arrested after returning to a home while under the influence of heroin at 6:41 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Sentinel Drive.
- Two men were reportedly fighting at 7:34 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of Madison Street.