Superheroes hang out in Waukesha
Sometimes Batman and Spiderman just want to have a little fun.
A woman reported at 1:43 p.m. Wednesday that she saw two people dressed as Batman and Robin walking eastbound on Moreland after walking into a business in the 1400 block of White Rock Avenue. The woman thought it was strange because of the costumes.
When police arrived to fight crime, they identified the superheroes as Batman and Spiderman, who told officers they were just having fun.
But I am not dead!
A Waukesha couple looking to purchase a home received a rude awakening when the background check was done.
The couple reported at 5:26 p.m. Thursday that the background check showed the wife was deceased. The woman was alive and well in the 2400 block of Sunkist Avenue, and an incident report for identity theft was created.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- It was reported two “homeless vagrants” were urinating in public at 9:31 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of East Broadway. The people were moved along.
- A theft of a jacket was reported at 1:31 p.m. Wednesday at Waukesha West High School.
- A student reported the school bus driver farted near his head at 4:37 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of Maitland Drive.
- A woman was arrested on a warrant for shoplifting in Milwaukee County at 5:04 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North East Avenue.
- An arrest was made after a domestic disturbance was reported at 7:04 p.m. Wednesday in the 1800 block of Buffalo Street.
- A person in the 400 block of Dodie Drive reported his cat was missing for an hour and he believed his neighbor had his cat at 7:37 p.m. Wednesday. However, the person was unable to articulate why he believed the neighbor had his cat. The cat returned home at 8:46 p.m.
- A person was arrested for a probation hold after it was reported he was at the winter homeless shelter, 1721 Northview Road, after he had been drinking at 8:10 p.m. Wednesday.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving after a reckless vehicle was reported at 8:12 p.m. Wednesday near East Sunset Drive and South East Avenue.
- A theft of prescription medication was reported at 11:06 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of West Moreland Boulevard.
- A vehicle was egged for a third time at 7:56 a.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of Dopp Street.
- Seven rummage sale signs were stolen at 9:11 a.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Maple Way South.
- A woman wearing pajama bottoms locked herself in a bathroom in a medical clinic in the 1100 block of Delafield Street at 11:31 a.m. Thursday. The woman’s father picked her up from the medical center.
- A juvenile was cited for truancy at 1:05 p.m. Thursday at Waukesha North High School.
- A man was arrested after a domestic disturbance was reported at 5:54 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of West Dunbar Avenue.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 7:34 p.m. Thursday at Walmart.
- A person was warned to not stay at the library for an extended period of time after being found using the Wi-Fi signal at 11:45 p.m. Thursday.
- An intoxicated person reported at 12:49 a.m. Friday being hit over the head with a baseball bat in the 500 block of West Dunbar Avenue