HAWS, the Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha County, is asking the community to take action in support of the life-saving work of Waukesha’s #1 pet resource center.
“HAWS goal is, and always has been, to adopt out all healthy and treatable animals,” said Executive Director Lynn Olenik. “To build an entire community that’s humane needs the involvement of all those around us.”
The life-saving programs of HAWS include:
· The Spay-Neuter Initiative Program (SNIP) clinic, and Project Guardian – a free spay-neuter service that is aggressively combating cat overpopulation, a problem that still exists in Waukesha County.
· HAWS’ Behavior Department and Mod Squad™, volunteers and staff that work with dogs that are turned away by others, to rehabilitate these pets to make them wonderful adoption candidates.
· Instilling humane sentiments with the community’s youth: HAWS Kids ‘N Critters Day Camp, K’HAWS and Critter Club youth programs, partnerships with Lad Lake and many area schools and scout groups train the animal welfare leaders of tomorrow.
“All these efforts come at a price, and HAWS needs our community to take action to continue these important programs," Olenik said. "We are committed to remaining open admissions – we don’t turn an animal away, and full service – providing adoptions, animal rescues, reuniting lost pets with their owners, rehabilitating animals in need and treating those with medical challenges.”
Ways the community can join the movement:
· Volunteer at HAWS by working with the animals, or assisting with events and Mobile Adoptions.
· Foster an animal too young for adoption, or one that is recovering from illness or injury.
· Adopt a pet from HAWS…and tell others to adopt rather than purchasing from a pet store!
· Donate – money, supplies, time – every amount helps and there is always a need at HAWS.
· Promote spaying and neutering of companion pets, outdoor/barn cat populations, and end “backyard” breeding.
Help HAWS save more lives by logging onto www.hawspets.org or by calling 262-542-8851. Join HAWS in building a society that’s humane!
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something