A ban on grinding at school dances is moving along as the Waukesha School Board’s Policy Committee takes up the issue at 6 p.m. Tuesday at 222 Maple Ave. Other policies that will be discussed include:
- Guidelines for handling of communicable diseases
- School wellness
- Recruitment, selection, discrimination and harassment; pupil non-discrimination; guidelines and complaint procedure for pupil non-discrimination
- Employee concerns (potential new policy)
- Pass privileges
Waukesha City Government
Should Waukesha limit payday lenders? A proposed ordinance to restrict where payday loan stores can locate in Waukesha is going before the Ordinance and License Committee at 6:30 p.m. Monday. If approved, the ordinance will advance to the Common Council.
The Finance Committee will take up several funding requests at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday:
- $15,000 to hire a part-time clerical staff (funds transferred from Engineering to Clerk/Treasurer’s Office)
- Accept a donation of fire extinguisher training equipment from Waukesha County
- $500,000 to fix downtown Waukesha street lights
- Hire a special attorney at a rate of $175 per hour to prosecute a case involving a city employee
The Waukesha Plan Commission meets at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday to take up several hot-button items:
- River’s Crossing rezoning change from multi-family residential to two-family residential
- Conceptual plans for three to five murals in conjunction with GuitarTown Phase II (images were not available Friday afternoon)
- A 209-unit apartment complex at 1910 E. Broadway
- A 1,190-square-foot addition and site revisions to Montessori School of Waukesha
The above meetings are being held at City Hall, 201 Delafield St.
Waukesha Town Government
The Town Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursday. The following items are on the agenda for discussion and possible action:
- a. Public Meeting – Open forum discussion to update and allow input and questions from interested citizens on the status and procedure of budgeting, budget amendments, audit process and any other financial questions
- b. Purchase Order Policy (Requested by Supervisor Banske)
- c. Purchase Multifunction High Speed Imaging System (Requested by Chairman Van Scyoc)
- d. Budget Amendments (Requested by Chairman Van Scyoc)
The above meeting will be held at Town Hall.
Catch a free movie at the Waukesha Public Library at 6:30 p.m. Monday. While the library can’t state the title of the movie, the PG-13 movie is about a college freshman who joins her school's all-girls singing group. With renewed energy, the girls' group decides to take on their male rivals in a campus performance.
- Artist Talk and Reception: Jessica O'Hearn (UW-Waukesha)
- Celebrate Communities and Families
Have an event this week? Tell us in the comments!