Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Braun are teaming up with the Hunger Task Force at their new restaurant, according to a news release from the SURG Restaurant Group.
The food drive is being held in conjunction with the opening of the athletes’ restaurant in Brookfield, 8-twelve.
The restaurant in the Town of Brookfield at 17800 W. Bluemound Rd., in the former pan-Latin restaurant.
- See the menu
Anyone who donates food between July 13 and July 23 will be entered to win a prize that includes two autographed jerseys, the use of Braun’s suite for a Brewers’ game, a 50-inch TV and an invitation for two people to attend the 8-twelve grand opening.
“Hunger Task Force is excited to have the support of Wisconsin’s two reigning MVPs. As Milwaukee’s Free & Local food bank, partnering with high profile leaders in the community like Ryan and Aaron is special as it reminds us what a difference we make when we work together as a team,” said Sherrie Tussler, Hunger Task Force executive director.
To enter the contest, food donations can be dropped off at Hunger Task Force, 201 S. Hawley Court, Milwaukee, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and at Graffito, 102 N. Water St., Milwaukee, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturdays and from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturdays. Entrants can drop off a business card or fill out an entry form when making their donation.
When the food drive is over on July 23, a winner's name will be chosen randomly to win the MVP prize package. Only one winner will be drawn for this contest. For more contest information, please visit www.hungertaskforce.org.
8-twelve MVP Bar & Grill
Address: 17800 W. Bluemound Rd.
- Dinner: Monday through Saturday, 5 to 10 p.m., Sunday 5 to 9 p.m.
- Happy Hour: 4 to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 3 to 6 p.m. Fridays
- Braun explains 8-twelve bar/grill venture with MVP, friend Rodgers (OnMilwaukee.com)
- 8*twelve MVP Bar & Grill will interpret American classics (JSOnline.com)
- 8-twelve's chef Patin moving to Stone Creek Kitchen (JSOnline.com)
- First look inside Braun, Rodgers-owned restaurant 8-twelve (Today's TMJ4.com)