The Waukesha GuitarTown steering committee is in search of artists to design the Gibson Les Paul guitars for the next phase of the project.
Last year Waukesha received the good news that the city would become a Gibson GuitarTown, which brought 10 10-foot-tall fiberglass Les Paul model guitars and 10 regular-sized guitars.
Waukesha GuitarTown unveiled the project last year during a big weekend celebration. The guitars were decorated by 30 area artists and placed at various locations throughout the downtown.
The 10 10-foot-tall Gibson guitars paid tribute to inventor and music legend Les Paul, who is a Waukesha native and considered to be the father of the solid-body electric guitar.
After a successful project, Gibson Guitar Company has agreed to a Phase II in June of 2013. Both 10-foot-tall fiberglass and standard size playable guitars will be available to artists.
The project raised $105,000 for the Waukesha School District, Waukesha County Museum and Waukesha Memorial Hospital, reported Waukesha Now.
According to the Waukesha GuitarTown website:
Artists must submit all materials by 5 p.m. January 31, 2013. All applicants must be 18 years or older and a resident of Wisconsin. Applications will be processed by a selection committee and artists will be reviewed and selected based on their proposal, work examples and resume.
- Artists must provide all contact information (mailing address, phone, email and website if available)
- 4 photos (4x6) of current artwork clearly labeled
- Detailed concept proposal with both visual (minimum front and back) and a written description of the concept
- Only original materials will be accepted (no fax or email)
- A self-addressed, postage paid mailer if you want application materials returned. All application materials from selected artists will be retained by the selection committee until the project is completed.
Submission should sent or deliver to:
Waukesha West end Artists
342 W. Main Street
Waukesha, WI 53186
For questions contact Lynn Gaffey at 262.542.1522 or email@example.com.