Do you want to design a 10-foot-tall fiberglass Gibson Guitar that will be seen by thousands in downtown Waukesha?
The Waukesha GuitarTown public arts project kicked off in downtown Waukesha in June 2012. Gibson Guitars agreed to a second phase, and the GuitarTown steering committee is seeking artist designs from throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
The deadline has been extended to 5 p.m. Feb. 21 for the project that is to be unveiled in June 2013. In addition to the giant fiberglass guitars, regular-sized playable guitars will be placed throughout the downtown area. You can check out some of the guitars from last summer’s GuitarTown events from the Waukesha GuitarTown’s Flickr account.
The following information was provided by Norm Bruce from the Waukesha GuitarTown steering committee:
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
After the hugely successful Waukesha Guitar Town project unveiled in June of 2012, Gibson Guitar Company has agreed to a Phase II to be unveiled in June of 2013. Both 10 ft. fiberglass and standard size playable guitars will be available for artists to create as artworks. For a better understanding of this project visit www.waukeshaguitartown.com to see all 30 guitars done for 2012.
In order to be considered for this project, artists must submit all materials by 5 PM on February 21, 2013. All applicants must be 18 years or older and a resident of Wisconsin. Applications will be processed by a selection committee and artists will be reviewed and selected based on their proposal, work examples and resume. Any artist selected to provide artwork will be required to execute a contract for services approved by the selection committee.
Please submit the following:
- Artists must provide all contact information (mailing address, phone, email and website if available)
- 4 photos (4x6) of current artwork clearly labeled
- Detailed concept proposal with both visual (minimum front and back) and a written description of the concept
- Only original materials will be accepted (no fax or email)
- A self-addressed, postage paid mailer if you want application materials returned. All application materials from selected artists will be retained by the selection committee until the project is completed.
- Send or deliver all materials to: Waukesha Westend Artists, 342 W. Main St., Waukesha, WI 53186
Please direct all questions to Lynn Gaffey at 262.542.1522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.