The in Waukesha will celebrate the 16th anniversary of Country Christmas, Wisconsin’s Largest Drive-Through Christmas Lights Display in 2011. Country Christmas, presented by Town Bank, will open with a special preview weekend on Thanksgiving night, Thursday, Nov. 24, 2011. Country Christmas will be open through Sunday, Nov. 27, 2011 and then reopen on Thursday, Dec. 1 and will be open daily through Dec, 31, 2011.
The event is held on the grounds of the Country Springs Hotel, located at 2810 Golf Rd., Pewaukee, WI. Hours for the event are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Holidays and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Admission is $15 per carload with special pricing available for limos and small buses. In its 16h year, Country Christmas will showcase:
- Railroad/Train Theme—To-scale model railroad, with 7 model trains running throughout three different levels.
- Over one million holiday lights - Festively displaying animated figurines and holiday scenes
- “Bearville” with an animated church scene, general store, butcher shop, and sausage factory
- Prarieville and Old Time Waukesha miniature cities
- A captivating 200-foot tunnel of 30,000 computerized, pulsating lights
- The Streets of Bethlehem is a collection of nearly life-size Fontanini nativity characters featuring shepherds, villagers, and the Christ child, in a peaceful, tranquil setting. Country Christmas has the only display of this magnitude in the area, a replica of the Pope’s personal collection.
- Christmas Village is a place where many can enjoy a hot cup of cocoa, or an evening treat while looking at animated scenes and a cuddly cast of holiday characters. Guests can enjoy a new display that will delight everyone, especially train enthusiasts, and have their pictures taken in a festive, indoor Christmas scene.
For more information, including special promotions and discounts available throughout the event, go to http://www.thecountrychristmas.com.