La Casa de Esperanza is holding a Cinco de Mayo celebration from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at the community center at 410 Arcadian Ave., according to a news release.
The event will include the chance to:
- Watch a cultural performance by Ballet Folklorico Mexico de los Hermanos Avila
- Eat authentic Latin American dinner prepared by Café Esperanza
- Participate in the introduction of the book La Casa de Esperanza: A History and listen to a reflection by author Pilar Melero, Ph.D.
- Hear from Carol Warren, one of the agency’s founders and a contributor to the book
- Recognize the accomplishments of Fred Gutierrez, senior program officer with the Greater Milwaukee Foundation and former executive director of La Casa de Esperanza
Tickets cost $25 per person, which includes dinner and a copy of the agency’s history book, according to the release. To register, contact Nastasya Garcia at (262) 832-1598 or at email@example.com. Online registration is also available at: http://www.mivoz.com/events. Registration is requested to be completed as soon as possible.