Invite a friend
UW-Waukesha Athletic Hall of Fame
The University of Wisconsin-Waukesha’s 7th biennial Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held Saturday, Feb. 9 in the university’s field house.
The ceremony will take place at approximately 2 p.m. between the men’s (1 p.m.) and women’s (3 p.m.) games, and a reception in the Commons will follow. Tickets are sold at the door.
Outstanding Cougar athletes who attended UW-Waukesha for two years have been inducted into the Hall of Fame on a biennial basis since 2001. Inductees’ names are displayed on a plaque next to the UW-Waukesha gymnasium.
“We are proud of this tradition here at UW-Waukesha, and the impressive list of athletes we will induct and those we have already inducted,” said event coordinator Bambi Butzlaffvoss, UW-Waukesha’s marketing and communication specialist. “It’s always a great day with former athletes, their families and friends.”
The 2013 inductees are as follows: basketball – Jaimi Coralline (1996-98), Matt Barker (2002-04), Lisa (Voelkel) Dreyer (2002-04), Joseph Hankins (1999-2001), Joshua Hankins (1999-2001), Amanda Ireland (2002-04), Zarkis Jordan (2006-08), Dawn LaBonte (2004-06), Bridget (Mulhaney) McCarthy (1985-87), Ann Mitchell (1985-87)), Kristine Mlachnik Dibb (2003-05), Anna Mueller (2003-05), Robin (Pike) Schwellenbach (1984-86), Joe Schaeffer (1983-85), Kevin Schenk (2005-07), Mike Schmidt (2006-08), Natasha Smith (2004-06), Cindy Sowlles Braun (1984-86), William (Bill) Yedinak, Jr. (1983-85); basketball and golf – Dennis Engel (1969-71); soccer – Sal Garcia (1983-84); and soccer and basketball coach – Gary Zindler (1976-81).
UW–Waukesha has the largest enrollment among the 13 UW Colleges campuses with more than 2,000 students. These freshman/sophomore campuses and UW Colleges Online comprise the UW Colleges. They offer an associate of arts and sciences degree and prepare students of all ages and backgrounds for baccalaureate and professional programs. In addition, UW-Waukesha offers several collaborative bachelor’s degrees through UW-Milwaukee and UW-Oshkosh.
For information about programs, admission or financial aid, contact the Student Services office at 262-521-5040 or visit the Web at www.waukesha.uwc.edu. You can follow the campus on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UWWaukesha or Twitter at www.twitter.com/UWWaukesha.
|Where||University of Wisconsin-Waukesha 1500 N University Dr, Waukesha, WI 53188|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||2:00 pm–3:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Everyone|
|Price||Tickets sold at the door|
More About University of Wisconsin-Waukesha
The freshman-sophomore college is part of the University of Wisconsin school system. Home to the Cougars, this commuter school offers general courses and an associate degree. Students can easily transfer from UW-Waukesha to other colleges within the UW System. Contact the school for more information on courses and enrollment.
Other events here
- AUDITIONS: Oliver! (Summer Musical at UW-Waukesha) May 21, 2013 / May 22, 2013, 12:00 am–12:00 pm
- Oliver! (UW-Waukesha Summer Musical) July 26, 2013 / July 27, 2013 / August 2, 2013 / August 3, 2013, 7:30 pm–9:30 pm
- Oliver! (UW-Waukesha Summer Musical) Sun, Aug 4, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- How High is Up? (Theatre for Young Audiences at UW-Waukesha) August 13, 2013 / August 14, 2013 / August 15, 2013 / August 16, 2013, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- How High is Up? (Theatre for Young Audiences at UW-Waukesha) August 13, 2013 / August 14, 2013 / August 15, 2013 / August 16, 2013, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Fuente Ovejuna (Fall Play at UW-Waukesha) October 24, 2013 / October 25, 2013 / October 26, 2013, 7:30 pm–9:30 pm
- Fuente Ovejuna (Fall Play at UW-Waukesha) Sun, Oct 27, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Almost, Maine (Spring Play at UW-Waukesha) March 7, 2014 / March 8, 2014, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Almost, Maine (Spring Play at UW-Waukesha) Sun, Mar 9, 2014, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm