Invite a friend
Life Skills For Puppies
Play, fun, socialization, learning – our 6-week puppy class uses the Playground of Higher Learning to provide a unique learning experience for pups and owners alike. The majority of the class is taught off-leash. Puppies learn basic manners such as sit, down and come, and by navigating various pieces of brightly colored puppy playground equipment they learn physical balance and coordination. Controlled playtimes with time outs help pups learn appropriate social behavior. The fun and lively setting sets the stage for confident pups that grow into confident and better-behaved dogs.
This class is for dogs, ages 8 weeks to 16 weeks.
Classes are $79 for HAWS Alumni!
More About Humane Animal Welfare Society
Established in 1965, Humane Animal Welfare Society is a non-profit organization which assists more than 6,000 animals each year and welcomes more than 31,000 human visitors annually. A member of the Wisconsin Federated Humane Societies group, HAWS provides spay-neuter services through its SNIP clinic, behavior consulting, training and resources to prevent animal abuse and neglect.
Aside from being a full service shelter that takes all animals in, its Humane Education Department additionally offers a wide variety of programs, including kids camps, school programs and animal care seminars.
Other events here
- Life Skills For Puppies Sat, Jun 1, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Basic Manners Level 1 Sat, Jun 1, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Confident Canine Sat, Jun 1, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Basic Manners Level 1 Sun, Jun 2, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Life Skills For Puppies Sun, Jun 2, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Puppy Party Sun, Jun 9, 4:45 pm–5:15 pm
- Kitty College Tue, Jun 11, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm