Invite a friend
Fiesta Waukesha is held the last weekend of June with a mission to promote multicultural awareness through a three-day music and cultural festival held in Frame Park on the banks of the Fox River in Waukesha. The festival is free to the public and offers a wide variety of Hispanic entertainment, Latin American cuisine, amusement rides, children’s area and much more!
- 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, June 22
- 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, June 23
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday, June 24
This yearly fundraising event, underwritten by Waukesha State Bank, is free to the public and will once again offer a wide variety of Hispanic entertainment, Latin American cuisine, cultural exhibits with Guatemalan artists and artisans and historic Mexican artifacts, amusement rides, a free Children’s Area, 50/50 raffle, international marketplace and informational booths. Highlights include:
- Opening Ceremony held at 5 p.m. on Friday, June 22 featuring dignitaries, a reception, and a performance by El Quiche de Guatemala. Ballet Folklorico de los Hermanos Avila will also perform prior to the Opening Ceremony.
- Guatemalan Artists and Artisans Exhibit featuring on-site ancient techniques in action, such as weaving and painting. The Guatemalan musical performers, also known as El Quiche from Guatemala, will perform live throughout the weekend and play the marimba in their exhibit.
- Fiesta Waukesha 5K Run/Walk held Saturday, June 22nd at 10 a.m. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Pre-registration can be completed online at http://2012fiestarunwalk.mivoz.com/ and registration can be completed day of the event.
- A wide variety of dynamic area bands, including Orquesta Veneno, Sentimiento Show, La Original Banda Luna Blanca, Chicano Nation, Cache, Salsa Power, Mariachi Real Azteca, El Charro de Madison, Pepe, Bam Bam and the Gigilos and Escamilla Dance Troupe.
- Performances by Ballet Folklorico Mexico with a wide variety of dances in costumes that reflect the traditional culture of Mexico.
- A Carnival wristband promotion will be held on Saturday and Sunday from 1 – 5 p.m.
- Hands-on arts & crafts projects, games, contests and prizes at the FREE Children’s Area Pavilion from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
- 50/50 Raffle
- Premier Latin American Food Vendors such as Café Esperanza, Casa del Rio, Farol, Taqueria Tex Mex, Tres Flores Funnel Cakes, Jaliscos Sno Cones, Sanchez Corn and Berry Me Frozen Yogurt.
- Amusement rides, international marketplace, information vendors and more!
|Where||Frame Park 1240 Frame Park Dr, Waukesha, WI 53186|
|Next on||This event is over.|
More About Frame Park
Frame Park has many attractions for visitors, including boat and bicycle rentals, formal gardens, a river walk, sand volleyball courts, baseball fields and a beautiful spring. Located along the Fox River, the park hosts many weddings during the warm seasons.
Other events here
- Habitat for Humanity Waukesha County - Home Run/Walk Event Today, May 18, 8:00 am–2:00 pm
- Fiesta Waukesha Fri, Jun 21, 4:00 pm–11:00 pm
- Fiesta Waukesha 5K Run/Walk Sat, Jun 22, 9:00 am–11:00 am
- Fiesta Waukesha Sat, Jun 22, 11:00 am–11:00 pm
- Fiesta Waukesha Sun, Jun 23, 11:00 am–10:00 pm
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s® Sat, Sep 14, 10:00 am
- NAMI Walks Sat, Sep 21, 10:00 am–1:00 pm