Invite a friend
Basic Manners Level 1
This is a 6 week class for dogs of all ages and puppies over 18 weeks. The goal of this class is to lay a strong foundation in basic skills such as sit, down, come, loose leash walking, wait, stay, and focus on the owner. Skills are introduced at a basic level that is built upon each week by introducing duration, distance, and distractions. Our goal is to equip you to understand the nature of your dog and how to best teach him.
This class is for dogs ages 16 weeks and older.
Classes are $79 for HAWS Alumni!
More About Humane Animal Welfare Society
Established in 1965, Humane Animal Welfare Society is a non-profit organization which assists more than 6,000 animals each year and welcomes more than 31,000 human visitors annually. A member of the Wisconsin Federated Humane Societies group, HAWS provides spay-neuter services through its SNIP clinic, behavior consulting, training and resources to prevent animal abuse and neglect.
Aside from being a full service shelter that takes all animals in, its Humane Education Department additionally offers a wide variety of programs, including kids camps, school programs and animal care seminars.
Other events here
- Life Skills For Puppies Sat, Jun 1, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Basic Manners Level 1 Sat, Jun 1, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Confident Canine Sat, Jun 1, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Basic Manners Level 1 Sun, Jun 2, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Life Skills For Puppies Sun, Jun 2, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Puppy Party Sun, Jun 9, 4:45 pm–5:15 pm
- Kitty College Tue, Jun 11, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm