Looking for something to do this weekend? A basketball game, a play, a choir performance and a film screening should make the weekend interesting.
First Annual Police & Fire Basketball Challenge
First Annual Waukesha Police & Fire Basketball Challenge benefitting the Benevolent Societies of the Police & Fire Departments.
- Where: Catholic Memorial High School, 601 E College Ave, Waukesha, WI 53186
- Date: Friday, March 25, 2011
- Time: 7:00pm–9:00pm
- Cost: Tickets are $5 for adults, $3 for students, under 12 years are free.
Open Mic @ Sprizzo's
Are you a musician? Do you perform poetry or stand-up comedy? Sprizzo Gallery Cafe is the place to be if you do any of the above, or like to listen/watch any of the above. Waukesha's own Buffalo Entertainment Group hosts this event. You can sign up to perform on a list the night of the event. People of any age are welcome and there is no cover charge.
- Where: 363 W Main St, Waukesha, WI 53186
- Date: Weekly on Fridays
- Time: 8:00pm–11:00pm
- Website: http://www.sprizzo.net
- Price: purchase of food or drink
"State Fair" - Waukesha Civic Theatre
If a mix of romance, adventure, music and prize pigs is what you're after this spring, then "State Fair," by the Waukesha Civic Theatre, is where you need to be. It's the summer of 1946 and the Iowa State Fair is where Abel, Melissa, Wayne and Margie Frake compete for prizes, and find a little romance and heartache, too. Ten performance dates with five different performance times offer an opportunity for everyone to share in the fun.
- Where: Waukesha Civic Theatre, 264 W Main St, Waukesha, WI 53186
- Date: Friday and Saturday, March 25 & 26
- Time: 8 p.m.
- Features: Open to All
- Website: http://www.waukeshacivictheatre.org
- Phone: 262-547-0708
- Price: $19 adults; $17 students and seniors; $15 subscriber discount
A Gift to the Community: Handel's Messiah
The Waukesha Choral Union continues its 30-year tradition of providing a free concert for the community with Handel's Messiah. Singers who wish to participate are welcome to join the Waukesha Choral Union in the weeklong preparation for this event. All costs of the event are paid for by contributions from local businesses, individuals and foundations.
- Where: 218 N East Ave, Waukesha, WI 53186 (Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll University)
- Date: Sunday, March 27, 2011
- Time: 3:00pm
- Features: Free, Open to All
- Website: http://www.choralunion.org
- Phone: 414-297-9310
Film Premier: “Choosing To Be a GFF [Good Friend Forever]”
Good Friend, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to creating autism awareness, is hosting an open-to-the-public screening of its middle school autism awareness film, an original 16-minute film written by Chelsea Budde of Waukesha; directed, edited, and produced by Denise Schamens of Brookfield; executive producer Tim Miller, TSM Creations, Belgium, Wis.
- Where: Carroll University, Stackner Ballroom (upstairs in the Campus Center)
- Date: Sunday, March 27, 2011
- Time: 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Features: Free, appropriate for adults and children over 8
- Website: www.goodfriendinc.com
- Onsite contact: Chelsea Budde, 414-510-0385