Waukesha South High School won the Salvation Army’s youth bell ringing challenge, according to an e-mail from the school’s Key Club president, D.J. Schaefer.
In 2010, South raised about $150 for the Salvation Army. However, they stepped up their efforts to raise $3,641 in 2011, according to Schaefer.
“With around 50 active volunteers, Key Club was restarted for the first time in 12 years this year,” Schaefer said in the e-mail. “We are student-led organized volunteer work. We have done 15 volunteer events so far and have logged many hours volunteering in the community. We plan on doing much more in the future.”
Youth Group Bell Ringing Competition Winners:
- 10th Place: Waukesha Catholic-St. Mary's - $1,279
- 9th Place: Mukwonago High School - $1,287
- 8th Place: Waukesha North High School - $1,538
- 7th Place: Pewaukee High - $1,559
- 6th Place: Kettle Moraine High School - $2,072
- 5th Place: 2nd Chance Partners for Education - $2,574
- 4th Place: Waukesha Catholic Memorial - $2,904
- 3rd Place: Arrowhead High School - $2,974
- 2nd Place: Waukesha West High School - $3,257
- 1st Place: Waukesha South High School - $3,631