Despite dry conditions and other communities considering canceling Fourth of July fireworks, Waukesha’s fireworks are planned as scheduled, according to Battalion Chief Joe Vitale.
The Waukesha Fire Department held its pump training at the Waukesha County Expo Center today and plans to do so again Wednesday. The training, which helped to water the ground, was held at the expo center to “kill two birds with one stone,” Vitale explained.
“Right now everything is a go,” Vitale said.
The Waukesha weather report for the next few days is:
- Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 4 p.m. Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 97. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 7 p.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
- Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 97. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. Calm wind.
- Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 102. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy, with a low around 76. South wind around 5 mph.