Seeking a Portal at Waukesha Fire Station; Solicitor Has a Gun Scare
Waukesha Police Department calls from March 8 through March 11.
Seeking a Portal at Waukesha Fire Station No. 5
Understandably, firefighters at Station No. 5, 3051 Summit Ave., were concerned when a man told them he was playing a video game and was seeking a portal at the fire station.
Police were called to the fire station at 9:08 p.m. Friday to assist with the man’s strange behavior. As they spoke with him, they learned he was playing an Internet game called Ingress where he had to check into areas via his cell phone to advance in the game.
Police warned the man that fire stations and public buildings are for official business and not gaming.
Smoking or Battery – What’s Worse for Your Health?
What’s that they say about smoking being harmful?
A woman reported she was smoking a cigarette in the 1000 block of Delafield Street at 10:43 p.m. Friday when another woman walked up to her and hit her in the face.
The other woman was eventually arrested early Saturday morning for battery.
Annoying Solicitor Get Scared
While some people simply shut the door on annoying solicitors, one Waukesha man had a different way of dealing with the solicitor.
The solicitor, who had a proper permit, called police at 4:43 p.m. Friday to the 1500 block of Bel-ayr Drive because a man pointed a firearm at the ground while telling the solicitor to get of the area.
Police made contact with the man, who never pointed the gun at the solicitor. The man told police the solicitor was “annoying” and that he had a concealed carry permit but he kept the gun in full sight and was on his own property. Police advised the man about how his actions could be perceived as threatening if he is carrying a gun and yelling at a person at the same time. Officers advised the man, who was described as cooperative, to contact police if he has more problems with solicitors.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving after a car accident was reported at 2:27 p.m. Friday at Woodburn Road and North Grandview Boulevard.
- A burglary was reported at 2:48 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of Buena Vista Avenue.
- People were reportedly having sex in a car at Frame Park at 3:17 p.m. Friday. The car was gone upon police arrival.
- Two people were arrested after they were caught drinking in a bathroom in the 100 block of Union Street at 3:51 p.m. Friday.
- A woman contacted police at 4:11 p.m. Friday because the weather caused a crack in her windshield in the 200 block of Cutler Street and she wanted the police department to pay for its replacement. The call log states she was advised with the answer “NO!”
- An elderly woman who was swerving on the freeway because of the sun glare assured police at 5:28 p.m. Friday that she was “as sharp as a tack.” Police warned the woman that if her cataracts get worse, she may need to have a driver’s test.
- A person was arrested after a reckless vehicle was reported at 6:51 p.m. Friday at Abbott Drive and Kossow Road. A drug recognition expert was called to the scene.
- A man was detained after he reported at 7:17 p.m. Friday his girlfriend was acting bizarre and had shaved her head in the 2100 block of Macarthur Road.
- A man was arrested after it was reported he was throwing groceries and grabbed a woman’s daughter at 7:17 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of West Laflin Avenue.
- A woman was reportedly yelling at another woman in an apartment building lobby at 8:28 p.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Delafield Street. The woman was upset with the other woman’s loud music and sexuality.
- Two people were arrested after a domestic disturbance was reported at 1:10 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of Madison Street.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 1:25 a.m. Saturday at Arcadian Avenue and Pleasant Street.
- A man started making bizarre comments after he was given a total for a soda purchase at 5:14 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of West St. Paul Avenue. The man, who told police the energy levels in the store raises his blood pressure, was warned that he should keep his bizarre statements to himself unless he wanted to lose customer privileges at the business.
- An arrest was made after a neighbor problem was reported at 2:17 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of Barney Street.
- A woman was not happy at 9:32 p.m. Saturday when the police department told her that while she thought an 8 foot, 6 inch tall man was peering in her windows in the 1900 block of Waterview Lane, there was no one that tall living in Waukesha. The woman responded to police, “I am not off my rocker! We need to get this handled!" The woman had also contacted police on Friday about the tall man peering through her windows.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 3:10 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Spring Street.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 3:41 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Corrina Boulevard.
- A pantsless homeless man was reportedly drying his pants in a bathroom at Pick ‘N Save, 1535 E. Moreland Blvd. The man was also bleeding from the thumb. The man was advised to not return to the store or he would be arrested for trespassing.
- An arrest was made after a domestic disturbance was reported at 9:09 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of East Main Street.
- A person was arrested after attempting to sell stolen batteries at 10:47 a.m. Monday in the 1400 block of East Main Street.
- A homeless man was reportedly walking on the railroad tracks while carrying a kitchen sink at 11:31 a.m. Monday in Frame Park.
- A battery was stolen fro a car at 12:02 p.m. Monday in the 1300 block of Ellis Street.
- Items were stolen from a car trailer at 12:41 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of East North Street.
- A person was arrested for bail jumping after the railroad company reported there were two intoxicated men near the tracks at 12:45 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of East Broadway. The railroad was concerned because a train would soon be going through the area.
- A woman was refusing to leave the McDonald’s drive thru at 7:13 p.m. Monday in the 1400 block of South West Avenue. The woman was upset that she didn’t get sauce packets that she didn’t pay for. Police made contact with the woman and she was “sternly advised on her childish behavior.”
- A man was arrested after it was reported he was in a store in the 1600 block of East Main Street viewing pornographic videos on his laptop and had his hand down his pants fondling himself in full view of everyone at 7:14 p.m. Monday.
- A vehicle had its catalytic converter stolen at 10:36 p.m. Monday while parked at the Country Springs Hotel.