Police Reports: Stealing From a Girl Scout; Too Much Coffee, Too Much Beer
Waukesha Police Department calls from Nov. 26 through Nov. 28.
The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Stealing From Girl Scouts
How low can a thief go?
Apparently the person who burglarized a garage in the 1500 block of Mohawk Lane Monday night found the temptation to steal from a child was too strong.
Police were called to the residence at 9:11 p.m. Monday for a report of a burglary. Stolen from a wagon were the proceeds from the sale of Girl Scout nuts and candies.
Too Much Coffee
Police were called to a laundry mat at 1353 S. West Ave. at 9:08 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a man exhibiting odd behavior. The man, who was with a 2-year-old child, was talking to himself and running back and forth, according to the caller.
Police spoke with the man, who was rushing to get his multiple loads of laundry completed before closing time. He denied taking any medications and explained he had two large cups of coffee, which could be why he appeared hyper and anxious. The child was not in danger and was in good spirits, officers reported.
30 Cans of Beer
A highly intoxicated man who reportedly consumed 30 cans of beer and vodka on a daily basis for 33 days straight did not want to go the hospital for detox. His family contacted police at 5:11 p.m. Tuesday to respond to the 800 block of Madison Street. The man was able to answer simple questions and did not meet criteria for emergency detention.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- A GPS and a cell phone charger were stolen from an unlocked vehicle at 7:18 a.m. Monday in the 2600 block of Fielding Lane.
- An arrest was made after a domestic disturbance was reported at 9:48 a.m. Monday.
- A juvenile was cited for truancy at 10:48 a.m. Monday at Waukesha North High School.
- A person wrote “I hate America” on another person’s garage door at 11:20 a.m. Monday in the 1000 block of Sweetbriar Drive.
- Change and a GPS unit was stolen from a vehicle at 12:38 p.m. Monday in the 2700 block of Bristol Court.
- A car hit a building at 12:43 p.m. Monday in the 1500 block of East Moreland Boulevard.
- A woman was arrested on a warrant at 3:31 pm. Monday in the 500 block of North East Avenue.
- A 41-year-old man was reportedly going through recyclables at 7:14 p.m. Monday at North Racine Avenue and Mccall Street. The man explained he found newspapers from the 1970s in the recycling. The man was warned and moved along.
- A disorderly conduct incident was reported at 10:07 a.m. Tuesday at Horning Middle School.
- A theft of a prescription was reported at 2:21 p.m. Tuesday in the 1100 block of Delafield Street.
- A woman in the 300 block of East Main Street claimed at 3:50 p.m. Tuesday that a man set her on fire in August and that while she was later incarcerated in jail, the man stole her prescription medication.
- A theft of a ring was reported at 4:13 p.m. Tuesday in the 1800 block of Kensington Drive.
- A girl who just lost her job from McDonald’s was reportedly acting “crazy,” yelling and shouting profanities in the 2000 block of Meadow Lane at 5:20 p.m. Tuesday. The young woman, who was very confused and had mental issues, was picked up by her father.