Police Report: Soda Dispute at McDonald's; Thefts; Grass Fire
Waukesha Police Department calls from July 16 and July 17. The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
It was a different McDonald’s and a different food item, but Waukesha police again dealt with a disturbance at the popular fast food joint.
Authorities were called to 2340 E. Moreland Blvd. at 4:36 p.m. Monday after an unruly customer threw an orange bottle of soda at the employees through the drive-thru window. The bottle hit an employee in the chest. A McDonald’s employee told officers that the customer was upset when the customer was told it was against policy to throw out customer’s trash at the drive-thru window.
The suspect was driving a rental vehicle from Milwaukee. The incident occurred less than two weeks after a 22-year-old woman made national news for an alleged angry rant after a Waukesha McDonald’s ran out of McNuggets.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- A window was busted out at 6:07 a.m. Monday in the 1800 block of Center Road.
- An arrest was made at 6:08 a.m. Monday in the 200 block of Oakland Avenue.
- The windows of a minivan were reportedly shot out at 7:40 a.m. Monday in the 600 block of Linden Street.
- A car vs. bicyclist accident was reported at 9:53 a.m. Monday in the 2200 block of Silvernail Road.
- A burglary was reported at 11:02 a.m. Monday in the 300 block of Cambridge Avenue.
- A woman reported at 12:15 p.m. Monday that her neighbor was planting raccoons in the gutter and owes her a crowbar in the 2300 block of Avalon Drive. The woman also believed her phone line was being tapped.
- Arrests were made for negligent use of matches after a grass fire was reported at 1:10 p.m. Monday at Macarthur Road and West St. Paul Avenue.
- An arrest was made after a domestic disturbance was reported at 2:35 p.m. Monday in the 1500 block of Big Bend Road.
- A stereo system, electronic equipment and books were reported stolen from an underground storage unit at 3:35 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of Delafield Street.
- A theft of a Wii gaming system, 20 games, an engagement ring and four video game controllers was reported at 3:46 p.m. Monday in the 2400 block of Willowood Drive.
- Juveniles were kicked out of the Waukesha Public Library for using profane language in the teen zone at 6:20 p.m. Monday.
- A theft of a bike was reported at 7:23 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of Kimberly Drive.
- A juvenile trouble incident over name calling on Facebook was reported at 8:33 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of Mccall Street.
- A man was reportedly messing around with vehicles at 10:01 p.m. Monday in the 1800 block of Susan Circle.
- A theft of cash, car and house keys, 200 CDs, a GPS and tools were reportedly stolen from vehicles. The incident was reported at 11:05 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of Fairview Avenue.
- Extra checks were requested at 11:06 p.m. Monday in the 1300 block of Poplar Drive after a business reported an unknown person attempted to cut a catalytic converter from a vehicle.
- Suspicious people were reportedly pulling on door handles at 2:06 a.m. Tuesday in the 1700 block of Haymarket Road.
- A person was arrested at 3:44 a.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of South West Avenue.
- A person reported finding screws in his vehicle’s tire for the third time in a month at 5:49 a.m. Tuesday in the 1300 block of Camden Way.
- An iPod, GPS and $40 in quarters were stolen during a vehicle break-in that was reported at 5:59 a.m. Tuesday in the 1800 block of Oakdale