Police Report: Potato in Muffler; Ketchup, Mustard on Vehicles; Crying Child
Waukesha Police Department calls from Aug. 13 and Aug. 14.
The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- A potato was placed in a vehicle’s muffler and a gas tank door was opened at 8:37 a.m. Monday in the 1600 block of South Prairie Avenue.
- A theft of items from a wallet was reported at 11:26 a.m. Monday in the 2400 block of Pebble Valley Road.
- A theft of a debit card was reported at 12:32 p.m. Monday in the 2500 block of North Grandview Boulevard.
- A vehicle in the 1200 block of Market Place was sprayed with ketchup in the 1200 block of Market Place.
- A theft of checks from an office at 12:39 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of Silvernail Road.
- A caller reported a suspicious man was at her door looking for a pocket knife at 1:22 p.m. Monday in the 1500 block of White Rock Avenue. The woman had past contact with the man and feared he was stalking her. The man was warned to leave the woman alone.
- A woman asked police to remove her 20-year-old son who is a gang member from her home at 2:53 p.m. Monday in the 1600 block of South Prairie Avenue. The man was gone upon police arrival.
- A caller reported at 2:55 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of Barney Street that a 2-year-old child was crying in the yard.
- A possible scam letter was reported at 3:13 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of Howard Street.
- A tailgate was stolen from a truck at 3:23 p.m. Monday in the 1900 block of East Main Street.
- A theft of a TV from a motel at 4:37 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of Bluemound Road.
- A person was arrested on a warrant 5:13 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of Madison Street.
- Mustard was left on a vehicle at 6:48 p.m. Monday in the 1200 block of Tenny Avenue.
- A person was arrested following a car accident involving an injury at 7:45 p.m. Monday in the 2700 block of North Grandview Boulevard.
- A theft of money from a purse was reported at 9:54 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of West Broadway.
- A man reportedly was standing near some bushes and when a caller saw him, the man jumped the bush and took off at 10:06 p.m. Monday in the 2300 block of Michigan Avenue.
- A juvenile was arrested after it was reported the juvenile was trespassing at a school in the 2200 block of Davidson Road at 10:35 p.m. Monday.
- A man reportedly “face-planted” in the middle of the street after running from a house at 10:51 p.m. Monday at Mccall Street and North East Avenue.
- A woman was found sleeping on at a bus stop at 11:30 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of North East Avenue. Because all shelters were full, the woman was warned about sleeping at the bus stop.
- A possible fight was reported at 11:55 p.m. Monday in the 1900 block of Madera Street.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving at 2:18 a.m. Tuesday at Wisconsin and Clinton avenues.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 2:49 a.m. Tuesday at Maple and Central avenues.
- A wallet was stolen after a vehicle’s window was smashed at 6:27 a.m. Tuesday in the 2400 block of Pebble Valley Road.