Police Report: Homeless Man and Rooster; Car Chases; Bomb Squad; Drunk Driver Tasered Twice
Waukesha Police Department calls from Aug. 17 and Aug. 20.
The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
For some folks, being tasered once isn’t enough.
The Waukesha Police Department stopped a suspected intoxicated driver at 9:52 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of Gacoigne Drive after the vehicle ran three red lights. The caller who was following the vehicle informed police that it looked like the drivers were switched twice.
When police responded, the suspect had to be tasered. The driver was taken into custody on suspicion of intoxicated driving. When police were processing the suspect, the suspect became combative again, records show. The suspect was tasered again at 12:19 a.m. Sunday.
Bomb Squad Called in for Suspicious Package
The Milwaukee bomb squad was called to the 100 block of Corrina Boulevard at 9:09 p.m. Saturday after a blue plastic box was located in the corner of a freight elevator.
No one was injured in the incident. The suspicious package was empty, according to police.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- An arrest was made after a reckless vehicle was reported at 8:04 a.m. Thursday at Macarthur Road and West St. Paul Avenue.
- A fake $20 bill was passed in the 2300 block of East Moreland Boulevard Thursday afternoon. The incident was reported at 9:11 a.m. Friday.
- A theft of a cell phone was reported at 9:39 a.m. Friday in the 3200 block of Fiddlers Creek Drive.
- A vehicle was reportedly entered at 10:42 a.m. Friday in the 2300 block of Parklawn Drive.
- A credit card fraud incident was reported at 12:56 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of Frame Avenue.
- A restraining order violation was reported at 1:34 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of Coolidge Avenue.
- A domestic disturbance was reported at 4:05 p.m. Friday in the 1500 block of David Court.
- A person’s Smart car had a swear word carved into it at 4:35 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of Cambridge Avenue. The person previously reported that the vehicle’s mirror was ripped off and the antenna was bent.
- A person was arrested during a traffic stop at 5:18 p.m. Friday at West North Street and North Street Court.
- A person was taken into custody on a warrant at 6:01 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of Bluemound Road.
- A group of teenagers volunteered to apologize to a caller after the caller reported they were swearing loudly at 6:07 p.m. Friday in the 2800 block of North University Drive. The caller’s 2-year-old child was repeating the swear words after hearing the teens swearing. Police warned the teens about watching what they say in front of children.
- A friendly homeless man and a non-threatening rooster were reportedly camped out at 7:03 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of White Rock Avenue. The rooster fled to a tree in the woods and officials with Humane Animal Welfare Society were unable to retrieve it. The homeless man reportedly received permission from an area resident to camp out in the back yard.
- A mattress was lit on fire near a dumpster at 8:31 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of East Broadway.
- People were warned about loud noise at 9:34 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of Beechwood Avenue.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 10:01 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of Beechwood Avenue.
- A person was arrested after he called police because his ignition interlock device was not working at 10:03 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of West Sunset Drive. The man told dispatch he had two beers before working out for 2-1/2 hours.
- A person was arrested at 10:39 p.m. Friday after it was reported a vehicle was driving with two flat tires, hit a curb and nearly struck several vehicles in the 700 block of Meadowbrook Road.
- A possible attempted burglary was reported at 10:52 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of Barney Street. Officers cleared the residence and it was determined to entry was made to the residence.
- A person was arrested at the Waukesha Memorial Hospital emergency room where the person was with a sheriff’s deputy at 12:39 a.m. Saturday. The person was wanted by the Waukesha Police Department.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 12:58 a.m. Saturday at White Rock Avenue and Niagara Street.
- A possible intoxicated driver abandoned a vehicle after crashing the vehicle at 2:39 a.m. Saturday at Fox River Parkway and Highway 59. There was no one located near the vehicle when police responded.
- A person was arrested during a traffic stop at 4:05 a.m. Saturday at Parklawn Drive and East Moreland Boulevard.
- A woman in the 100 block of West North Street reported at 11:15 a.m. Saturday that someone was using a “policemaker” and an amplifier to get into her head from a mile away. The woman later called back to inform dispatch that the noise had ceased.
- A theft of a vehicle was reported at 1:28 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of South West Avenue.
- A theft of a small American flag worth $1 was reported at 7:07 p.m. Saturday in the 1900 block of Madera Street.
- People were warned to keep the noise down at 8:38 p.m. Saturday after a loud party was reported in the 200 block of West Roberta Avenue.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving after a driver fled from Town of Brookfield police near Davidson Road and East Main Street at 10:23 p.m. Saturday. The suspect’s vehicle exceed 90 mph during the chase.
- A small fire was reported at 11:11 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of South Street.
- Two juveniles who were breaking curfew at the Country Springs Hotel were returned to their parents at 11:24 p.m. Saturday.
- An arrest was made at 11:46 p.m. Saturday after a battery was reported in the 1200 block of Cavalier Drive.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving in Pewaukee by the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department after Waukesha police officers pursued the vehicle at 11:50 p.m. Saturday at West Moreland Boulevard and East North Street. At one point, police saw the driver reach into the glove box.
- People were warned after a loud party was reported at 12:33 a.m. Sunday in the 2800 block of Buckingham Court.
- An apartment building manager, known to be violent and possibly armed, was arrested at 1:32 a.m. Sunday after it was reported he was throwing bottles at a tenant’s window in the 1000 block of Pewaukee Road.
- Four people were arrested after a fight was reported at 1:52 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Friedman Drive.
- A loud bachelor party was reported at 2:04 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of North Greenfield Avenue.
- A person was cited for stealing a stop sign at 3:51 a.m. Sunday in the 200 block of North Grand Avenue. The stop sign was returned to its location.
- Coins were stolen from washers and dryers at 8:04 a.m. Sunday in the 200 block of West North Street.
- An arrest was made for a domestic disturbance that was reported at 12:28 p.m. Sunday in the 1800 block of Erin Lane.
- A theft of baby formula was reported at 3:26 p.m. Sunday in the 200 block of East Sunset Drive.
- An arrest was made at 6:14 p.m. Sunday at after a person at Waukesha Memorial Hospital reported a battery that occurred Saturday.
- A man reported at 6:44 p.m. Sunday that his children, ages 4 and 6, were missing in the 600 block of Beechwood Avenue. He called police back three minutes later to say the children were found. The children were with a friend looking for a rainbow.
- An arrest was made at 6:47 p.m. Sunday after a woman requested officers to remove her soon-to-be ex-husband from the home in the 1700 block of South West Avenue.
- A person was reportedly threatening to stab another person during a domestic disturbance at 12:06 a.m. Monday in the 600 block of Summit Avenue.
- A homeless man who was sleeping in a backyard at 6:12 a.m. Monday in the 1100 block of White Rock Avenue were moved along.