Police Report: Girlfriend Troubles; Christmas Tree Prankster; Homes Egged
Waukesha Police Department calls from Jan. 4 through Jan. 7.
The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Two Girlfriends = Double Trouble
Having two girlfriends can lead to significant trouble.
That’s what one Waukesha man learned at 3:38 p.m. Sunday when it was reported he was suicidal in the 500 block of Wisconsin Avenue. The man broke up with one of his girlfriends, so the woman called police to report he threatened to kill himself and that he was barricaded. Police responded with a large presence because of the threat of violence, shutting down some area streets.
However, when they made contact with the man, the man said he was not suicidal but had broken up with the woman who was upset. His real girlfriend was also mad at him and was making him take down pictures and remove phone numbers from his home. He left the apartment to get a soda during the incident, which is where he was going when police stopped him.
Creative Prankster Prompts Police Call
When a Waukesha woman in the 100 block of Manchester Drive noticed a juvenile taking dead Christmas trees from area neighborhood curbs, she contacted police 12 p.m. Saturday.
The juvenile was piling up about 10 trees in a neighbor’s yard. Police made contact at the residence; the homeowners told police they knew who did it and “it was all in good fun.”
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- Three employees who reportedly filed their two-weeks notice at a building in the 200 block of West Main Street had the ink in their inkwells replaced with water at 4:11 p.m. Friday.
- A theft was reported at 4:32 p.m. Friday in the 1200 block of West Sunset Drive.
- A purse was reportedly stolen at 10:13 p.m. Friday in the 2200 block of West St. Paul Avenue.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 10:25 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of West Sunset Drive.
- A man who attempted to run from police at 12:45 a.m. Saturday was arrested after it was reported the man was selling drugs in the 900 block of Friedman Drive.
- A person was arrested during a traffic stop at 4:24 p.m. Saturday at West Newhall and South West avenues.
- A purse and an air hockey were stolen during a burglary reported at 7:57 p.m. Saturday in the 1900 block of South West Avenue.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving at 12:05 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of North Barstow Street.
- A person was arrested for battery at 12:08 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of Big Bend Road.
- Eggs and syrup were thrown at a house and a car in the 2800 block of Minot Lane. The incident was reported at 7:50 a.m. Sunday.
- A house was reported to have been egged at 8:39 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of Maple Avenue.
- A house was reported to have been egged at 12:10 p.m. Sunday in the 2800 block of River Point Court.
- A theft of a stop sign is reported at 4 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of West Main Street.
- A theft of a purse with $700 in it was reported at 9:17 p.m. Sunday in the 2400 block of North Grandview Boulevard.
- A purse and a winter coat were stolen from a vehicle parked in a lot in the 2400 block of Plaza Court at 11:09 p.m. Sunday.
- An intoxicated person who had difficulties spelling his own name reported at 11:47 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of East Park Avenue that a young boy kept peering in his windows. There was no boy or fresh footprints in the area.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving during a traffic stop at 1:51 a.m. Monday at Western Avenue and Garven Court.
- An intoxicated person was cited for a loud noise violation at 3:15 a.m. Monday in the 300 block of West Newhall Avenue.