Police Report: Extortion Letter; Wine at Art Crawl
Waukesha Police Department calls from March 3 and March 4.
The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- A woman was arrested at 11:38 a.m. Saturday after it was reported the woman was upset that she couldn’t get cold medicine and began throwing items around in a store in the 100 block of East Broadway.
- A smell of marijuana was reported at 12:13 p.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Kensington Drive.
- A person received an extortion letter at 12:42 p.m. Saturday that threatened to turn the person into the Waukesha Housing Authority for selling a vehicle for $3,000 if the caller didn’t leave $400 for the person in the 1000 block of Delafield Street.
- A man was taken into custody at 2:12 p.m. Saturday after he was found passed out with a beer can in his hand in the 300 block of South Street.
- Two men reportedly threw snowballs at 4:16 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of West Main Street.
- A complaint about the Waukesha art crawl was made at 6:25 p.m. Saturday because an art gallery in the 300 block of West Main Street was giving out samples of wine in the store without a license. There were no problems because the art gallery was not selling the wine and were telling people to drink it inside the business.
- A person was arrested on a warrant at 6:44 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of North East Avenue.
- A person was arrested at 8:11 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of East North Street after it was reported a man was threatening to hit a person and stole that person’s money.
- A person was arrested at 8:35 p.m. Saturday after a domestic disturbance was reported in the 800 block of Oakland Avenue.
- People were warned after a possible underage drinking party was reported at 9:57 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of East Main Street.
- A person reported seeing a cocaine deal at 10:53 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Main Street.
- An attempted theft of a vehicle was reported at 1:03 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of South Grand Avenue.
- A possible underage drinking party was reported at 1:43 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of Oakdale Drive.
- A verbal fight was reported at 1:44 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of South Grand Avenue.
- An arrest was made after a hit-and-run accident was reported at 1:49 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Williams Street.
- A person was arrested at 2:45 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of American Avenue after a domestic disturbance was reported.
- A person was arrested on a warrant at 2:53 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Williams Street.
- An intoxicated man was found passed out at 3:14 a.m. Sunday in a gas station bathroom in the 100 block of East Broadway.
- A theft of a wallet with $300 cash in it was reported at 4:50 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of Luke Avenue.