Police Report: Entering Wrong Houses, Smashing Guitar and Throwing Rocks
Two people enter the wrong houses. One leaves behind cereal and the other falls asleep on the couch. Also, a guitar-town guitar is damaged and a kid throws rocks at cars.
The following items are brief summaries from the Waukesha Police Department call log for Sunday and Monday, July 15 and 16. In all incidents where an arrest occurred, a charge is merely an accusation and not evidence of guilt.
Police responded to two calls Sunday morning about people entering the wrong houses.
In one case, a box of cereal was found on the floor and in the other, a man was found on the couch “sleeping something off.”
- A resident in the 100 block of North Moreland Boulevard called police at 7:43 a.m. after they woke up Sunday morning and found the back door to the house open. The refrigerator door was wide open and a box of cereal was left on the floor. Appliances and furniture were moved around. Nothing was reported stolen.
- A resident in the 800 block of South Comanche Lane Sunday at 7:32 a.m. found a man who “appeared to be sleeping something off” on his couch. The man was in the wrong house. No complaint was filed.
Door left open: In the 1600 block of Cedar Lane, a call was made to police Monday at 12:44 a.m. from a woman who had returned home after being gone all weekend and found the front door standing wide open. Police checked the house and garage and found nothing amiss. The woman found nothing taken and suspects a friend may have left the door open by mistake.
Suspicious people, misbehaving child
- A man sleeping in the bushes in Buchner Park was arrested after a call to police Sunday at 6:09 a.m.
- A man walking in the middle of Northview Road and North Grandview Boulevard Monday at 1:48 a.m. was advised by police.
- A suspicious man was taking pictures of people’s houses with his cellphone was reported in the 400 of West Newhall Avenue Sunday 7:07 p.m. The man was gone when police arrived.
- An 8-year-old throwing rocks at cars was spoken to by police in the 200 block of Hinman Ave Sunday at 1:36 p.m.
Guitar Damaged: A guitar was ripped off its stand and laying on the ground in front of the Waukesha County Museum Monday at 1:40 a.m. The city garage took the guitar so it can be fixed. Police have no suspects at this time.
- Door windows were reported broken at Prairie Elementary School Monday at 6:08 a.m.
- Graffiti was reported at the Schuetze Building Sunday at 2:25 p.m.
- Construction equipment was stolen from a truck in the 2800 block of Sussex Lane sometime over the weekend. The incident was reported Sunday 9:23 p.m.
- A stolen spare tire was reported in the 300 block of Main Street Sunday at 2:54 p.m. The incident occurred Saturday.
Accident: A minivan went through a retaining wall at the former Spancrete property at the intersection of East Main Street and Highway 164 Sunday 10:03 a.m. A tow truck was requested for the vehicle. The call log does not indicate if there were injuries.