Police Report: Car Incidents, Domestic Disputes, Theft and More
Man runs from police, leaving car behind. Also, woman barricades herself in a car.
The following items are brief excerpts from the Waukesha Police Department call log for Monday and Tuesday, June 11 and 12. In all incidents where an arrest occurred, a charge is merely an accusation and not evidence of guilt. The arrested person is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Vehicle incidents and accidents
- A man ran from police, leaving his car behind with the keys inside, after police attempted to make a traffic stop Monday at 12:48 a.m. in the area of South Grand Avenue and Wilson Avenue. Police went to the address of the car’s registered owner in the 200 block of Hinman Avenue but the woman who answered the door told police she hadn’t seen the man recently and did not consent to a search of the property. Police parked the car legally and took possession of the car keys.
- Police responded to a “very minor crash” in the area of Wilson and Scott avenues at 8:14 p.m. Sunday after a caller reported a man tipped his motorcycle as he pulled out of a private lot. The man was issued several citations.
- A caller reported that an elderly man driving a car hit her truck in the Meadowbrook Shopping Center lot and left without stopping Sunday at 2:48 p.m. Upon further review, the call found no damage to her car and did not want to make a complaint.
- Police responded to a call of an accident with injury in the 500 block of South Moreland Boulevard Sunday at 1:32 p.m. after a motorcycle "wiped out."
- On Tuesday at 6:01 a.m., a caller reported that one car hit another car and then drove off in the area of West St. Paul and North Prairie avenues. Police tracked down the other driver and issued a citation for drunk driving.
- A motorcycle accident with injury was reported in the 1000 block of Silvernail Road Tuesday at 12:54 a.m. Two people were transported to the hospital. The motorcycle was towed.
- An accident at West Moreland Boulevard and East North Street Monday 4:56 p.m. resulting in the intersection being blocked off and a care being towed.
- An accident with injury was reported in the 1400 block of East Moreland Boulevard Monday at 9:11 a.m. when a vehicle hit a pole.
Disturbances and disputes
- A domestic disturbance was reported in the 1000 block of North Greenfield Avenue Sunday at 7:10 p.m. The caller reported that a man and a woman, who had been drinking, were arguing and the woman was hitting the man. The man, who wasn’t hitting the woman back, tried to get the woman to leave but she refused. Upon arrival, police found that the woman had barricaded herself in the car. The woman was arrested.
- Police responded to a call in the 1700 block of South West Avenue Sunday at 6:53 p.m. about a dispute between children over a basketball hoop they thought was broken. Police found that the hoop was not broken. It was dismantled and was able to be reassembled. The issue was agreed to be handled between both sets of parents.
Theft and fraud
- Three children’s bikes were reported stolen from the 200 block of West Laflin Avenue Sunday at 6:12 p.m.
- A woman reported Monday at 6:40 p.m. that her Waukesha Public Library card was stolen and 16 books were checked out, resulting in overdue notices from the library.
- A cab driver in the area of West Main and Gaspar streets called police when a passenger refused to pay his fare Tuesday at 12:06 a.m. Police made an arrest.
- Fraud was reported in the 2100 block of Davidson Road Monday at 8:53 p.m. after a woman reported she had wired money via Western Union to Guatemala, scammed into thinking it was a request from her grandson.
- A GPS was reported stolen from a car in the 2200 Melody Lane Monday at 11:49 a.m.
- Three accounting books textbooks were reported stolen from UW-Waukesha Monday at 11:09 a.m.
Criminal damage to property
- Four boys, approximately 12-years-old, threw rocks through the window of construction equipment in the 210 North Grand Avenue 6:22 p.m. Police found the boys in the 200 block of North Park Street.
- A back window of a van was reported smashed in the 700 block of John Street Tuesday at 12:05 a.m.
- Graffiti was reported in the200 block of South Street Monday at 8:29 a.m.
- A road rage incident was reported Tuesday 3:34 a.m. in the 1500 block of South 164 after a driver reported a car cut him off.
- A road rage incident was reported Monday at 2:50 p.m. after a driver reported that Monday morning when the caller was at the stop sign, the car behind her honked his horn but she couldn't go because of traffic. Then he then cut in front of her and threw a drink at her car.
Fireworks violation: A resident in the 700 block of John Street was advised by police after a call was made at 12:00 a.m. about a fireworks violation. The woman was outside with her children, lighting sparklers.
Juvenile loitering: Police spoke to five boys, ages 12 to 13, after a caller reported they were riding bikes down the South Street parking ramp at Monday at 4:16 p.m. Parents were notified of the incident. The boys were all advised by police about loitering in the parking ramp and moved along.
Intoxication: An intoxicated person was reported in the 100 block of Corrina Boulevard Monday at 8:50 p.m. The man was moved along.