Police Report: Burglary, Theft and Problems with Children
Sleeping child awakes to find window open; theft on McCall St.; and two calls about three children running wild.
The following items are brief excerpts from the Waukesha Police Department call log for Tuesday to Thursday morning, June 12 to 14. In all incidents where an arrest occurred, a charge is merely an accusation and not evidence of guilt. The arrested person is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Burglary: A burglary was reported in the 1000 block of West Sunset Drive Wednesday at 1:04 a.m. when a sleeping boy heard noises and woke up to find a back window open. The window had been locked when the family went to bed. Police responded and made a search of the house. An incident report was created.
- A computer was reported stolen in the area of Marshall Street and North Prairie Avenue Wednesday at 8:44 p.m. after a 17-year-old left the computer in the trunk of his vehicle, unsecured. The computer, in a backpack, fell out of the trunk and was unable to be found.
- Cash, checkbook, CD's and a phone charger were reported stolen from truck parked in the 2100 block of Somerset Court Wednesday at 4:01 p.m.
- A woman in the 2000 block of South Grand Avenue reported Wednesday at 2:38 p.m. that her purse and medication were stolen out of her car sometime during the day.
- Theft of items from an unlocked car in the 600 block of McCall Street was reported Wednesday at 8:36 a.m.
- Copper tubing was reported stolen from a home undergoing renovations in the 100 block of McCall Street Tuesday 1:35 p.m.
- A theft of a bike was reported in the 1700 block of South West Avenue Wednesday at 1:09 a.m.
- A suspected homeless man in his 50's or 60's was seen trying to get into a building, attempting to take off the screens, in the 300 block North West Avenue Wednesday at 7:46 p.m. The man was gone when police arrived. Police found no damage to the house.
- A man soliciting people for money and asking them to buy jewelry near the Five Points area was reported Wednesday at 12:06 p.m. The man was gone upon arrival of police.
- An intoxicated man was found laying on a lawn in the 1600 block of Haymarket Road Wednesday at 12:17 a.m. The man told police he didn’t know how he ended there. Police gave the man a ride.
Problems with children
- A caller to police reported that children damaged a patio door of an abandoned house in the 200 block of Coolidge Avenue Wednesday at 7:06 p.m. When confronted by the caller, the children said they were looking for their friend who used to live there. The children were gone when police arrived. Police made a check of the house and found a broken window upstairs. Police secured the house and advised neighbors to watch for burglaries.
- An incident report was created following a complaint to police about three children running around the parking lot yelling and screaming in the 1700 block of Elder Street Tuesday at 9:53 p.m.
- Three young children about six-years-old were reported to be riding scooters and bicycles down the middle of the street in the 500 block of Brasted Place. The children were gone when police arrived.
- A caller reported Thursday at 5:10 a.m. that a car pulled up next to him in the 1000 West St. Paul Avenue and the man driving swore at him and made inappropriate gestures. This continued northbound on St. Paul to the city limits.
- A caller reported to police Wednesday at 5:39 p.m. that a man got out of his car and started harassing him at the intersection of Summit Avenue and North Grandview Boulevard Wednesday.
- Residents in the 100 block of West Broadway will be issued a citation via mail for a noise complaint following a call to police Thursday at 2:54 a.m.
- People in the 300 block of West North Street Wednesday at 9:50 p.m. were advised by police that noise from their party was excessive.
- A woman was arrested following a call to police Tuesday at 3:55 p.m. that the woman had broken a kitchen door and was threatening people in the 200 block of East Park Avenue.
- A woman in the 900 block of Eales Avenue was arrested after it was reported Tuesday at 13:37 p.m. that she was threatening to stab her father because he wouldn’t give her gas money
- Drugs were found in the back of a truck in the 2100 block of South West Avenue Wednesday at 4:15 p.m.
- Fraud was reported in the 2500 block of North Grandview Boulevard Wednesday 12:48 p.m. when someone used a suspected fake $100 bill.
Accident: One man was transported to the hospital following a motorcycle accident Thursday at 6:22 a.m. in the area of Fox River Parkway and Hwy. 59
Criminal damage to property: Car tires were reported slashed in the 100 block of West Broadway Avenue Tuesday at 7:35 a.m.