Oh Deer! Doe Crashes Into Squad Car
Waukesha Police Department calls from Sept. 11 and Sept. 12.
The following information was supplied by the Waukesha Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Deer vs. car accidents are a common occurrence in southeastern Wisconsin.
But one Waukesha police officer had a deer crash into a squad car Tuesday night.
The officer was in the 1900 block of Aviation Drive and was heading toward Waukesha Memorial Hospital for a blood-draw refusal. A doe ran into the squad car at 10:44 p.m.
“A doe kamikazied into my right front door and windshield,” the officer reported.
The deer survived the accident, according to police. The officer was uninjured. The squad car, however, was damaged.
In other Waukesha Police Department calls:
- A person was warned about begging for money at 9:10 a.m. Tuesday at White Rock Avenue and East Moreland Boulevard.
- A person who had a diabetes-related incident was disorientated in a vehicle at 9:13 a.m. Tuesday at Mary Street and East St. Paul Avenue. The vehicle was rolling through a construction zone and officers had to break a window to access the car to put it in park because the man was unable to respond to commands. The man was treated by the Waukesha Fire Department.
- A boy at Butler Middle School was reportedly being bullied at 9:54 a.m. Tuesday because he was short. The parent will address the situation with the principal.
- A theft of business checks was reported at 10:01 a.m. Tuesday in the 2400 block of North Grandview Boulevard.
- Three people were cited for open intoxicants at a park at 11:04 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of North Hartwell Avenue.
- A battery was reported at 1:04 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Mccall Street.
- A student at Waukesha West High School was arrested at 1:25 p.m. Tuesday after the principal requested police evaluate the student for being under the influence of a narcotic.
- A vehicle was reportedly broken into at 1:35 p.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of South Grand Avenue.
- A person was reportedly playing loud music at 3 p.m. Tuesday in the 1500 block of Summit Avenue.
- Two suspicious men were reportedly going through scrap metal bins at 3:05 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Wilmont Drive.
- A person was arrested on a warrant at 7:14 p.m. Tuesday at North West Barstow Street and East St. Paul Avenue.
- A person reportedly stole a case of beer and other items from a grocery store at 8:51 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of West Sunset Drive.
- A person was arrested on a fourth drunken driving offense at 8:53 p.m. Tuesday after an incident was reported in the 100 block of West Wabash Avenue.
- A man in the 1600 block of South West Avenue reported at 8:56 p.m. Tuesday that his disobedient daughter was having a 21-year-old man visit her during lunch breaks at school. The school resource officer is following up with the incident.
- A person was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving at 9:46 p.m. Tuesday at Gramling Lane and East Sunset Drive.
- An arrest was made after a disorderly woman was reported at 10:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Summit Avenue.
- A man was reportedly screaming about a “dead white woman” at 10:59 p.m. Tuesday at Woodburn Road and Willowood Drive.
- An intoxicated man was arrested after it was reported that he was throwing chairs and punching a woman at 12:59 a.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Woodburn Road.
- A man was reportedly trying to beg cigarettes and money from people at 5:05 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of West Broadway.
- A tire was stolen from a vehicle overnight in the 400 block of West Main Street. The incident was reported at 5:55 a.m. Wednesday.