View BP Gas Stations in a larger map
BP has released a list of stations that sold tainted gasoline related to refinery problem at its Whiting, IN plant and two Waukesha gas stations are on the list.
The stations that received some of the fuel, which was known to cause problems in some vehicles, are at 910 W. St. Paul Ave. and 1610 Lincoln Ave.
The stations listed did receive gasoline associated with problems related to the alkylation unit at BP’s Whiting refinery, BP said on a special response site created to offer information on the tainted gasoline.
Once the problem was identified, stations were instructed to stop selling the gasoline and to clean the tanks, BP said. Not all consumers who purchased gasoline at the stations may have purchased the problem fuel.
BP said not all cars fueled with the off-specification fuel will display adverse symptoms. Vehicle owners who experience hard starting, rough idling, stalling, or other drivability issues are asked to have the car towed to a repair shop to be checked out and call 1-800-333-3991 or 1-800-599-9040 to make a claim.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Fan Is Chief Suspect in Missing $5 Bill; Stink Bomb Thrown in Business
- Waukesha Sheriff's Detective Arrested for OWI in Sparta [UPDATED]
- Shoppes at Fox River Expansion Proposed for Sunset Drive
- Helium Trampoline Park: Waukesha County Attraction Offers Bouncy Experience
- Intoxicated Man Shot Hunting Rifle After Packers Loss, Complaint Says