Alert Neighbor Extinguishes Porch Fire
An third-floor apartment sustained about $5,000 in damage after a Sunday afternoon fire.
A porch on the third story of The Meadows Apartments on Springdale Road caught fire Sunday afternoon, causing about only $5,000 in damage.
An alert neighbor entered the unoccupied apartment and began to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher, according to Battalion Chief Joe Hoffman. The Waukesha Fire Department responded and made sure the fire was completely out.
No injuries occurred in the fire that was reported at 2:57 p.m. The cause of the fire is believed to be carelessly discarded smoking materials, according to Hoffman.